Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

K100 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:09 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default K100 Issue

I probably just need to send my K100 in but thought I would see if anyone might have a suggestion for me if they have had a similar issue in the past.
Basically after shutdown I get the message "SpeedLow" and sometimes "Flameout" (even if no flameout occured) and so I have to cycle the ECU in order to restart the engine.

There were symptoms before that started late last fall, my turbine kept flaming out. Near WOT, it would "pulse". Holding it on the ground you could feel all the thrust go away for a second then come back, occasionally it would flame out.
So I thought it was air. But 3 people have watched the fuel lines and there is 0 air going into the turbine.
I decided to replumb my fuel system, and I did with larger tygon. But same issue. I noticed when I got to WOT the pump PW would jump to 500+ and keep climbing steadily going above 750, and who knows how high if I let it. The RPM never hit MAX and it really fluctuated in the RPM near the top. My pump PW at idle is in the 80s.

So I thought back pressure. So I replumbed my fuel system using all 6mm festo tubing all around (except for clunks). Other than the UAT, everything was replaced. I have a festo fuel filter now too.
Same issue, though no flame outs, I get this Speedlow error on shutdown.

So Barry sent me a new pump.

I tried that, the Pump PW stays in the 500s now at WOT and the turbine seems ok, but the RPM really fluctuates at the top (140-142K keeps jumping around) and I still get tha speedlow error.

I tried comrpessed air in the fuel intake to see if it was clogged.

What drives me nuts is everytime I change something the turbine seems to runs well for 1 flight, then is back at it again! I think I always get that error though, just no flameouts or pulsing.

I'll have to send it in but thought I would check if someone had a similar issue and what fixed it.

The turbine was flying well one day then on the 3rd flight that day suddenly flamed out. I use DTE light always and the same Kero. No change there.

Last edited by essyou35; 05-27-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:52 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Just to follow up, a bad fuel pump caused all this. A new one fixed it up and it has more power as well.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:34 PM
gazzazh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35
I probably just need to send my K100 in but thought I would see if anyone might have a suggestion for me if they have had a similar issue in the past.
Basically after shutdown I get the message "SpeedLow" and sometimes "Flameout" (even if no flameout occured) and so I have to cycle the ECU in order to restart the engine.

There were symptoms before that started late last fall, my turbine kept flaming out. Near WOT, it would "pulse". Holding it on the ground you could feel all the thrust go away for a second then come back, occasionally it would flame out.
So I thought it was air. But 3 people have watched the fuel lines and there is 0 air going into the turbine.
I decided to replumb my fuel system, and I did with larger tygon. But same issue. I noticed when I got to WOT the pump PW would jump to 500+ and keep climbing steadily going above 750, and who knows how high if I let it. The RPM never hit MAX and it really fluctuated in the RPM near the top. My pump PW at idle is in the 80s.

So I thought back pressure. So I replumbed my fuel system using all 6mm festo tubing all around (except for clunks). Other than the UAT, everything was replaced. I have a festo fuel filter now too.
Same issue, though no flame outs, I get this Speedlow error on shutdown.

So Barry sent me a new pump.

I tried that, the Pump PW stays in the 500s now at WOT and the turbine seems ok, but the RPM really fluctuates at the top (140-142K keeps jumping around) and I still get tha speedlow error.

I tried comrpessed air in the fuel intake to see if it was clogged.

What drives me nuts is everytime I change something the turbine seems to runs well for 1 flight, then is back at it again! I think I always get that error though, just no flameouts or pulsing.

I'll have to send it in but thought I would check if someone had a similar issue and what fixed it.

The turbine was flying well one day then on the 3rd flight that day suddenly flamed out. I use DTE light always and the same Kero. No change there.
I am having the same issue on the K120G
During accelaration from idle to High.. Low speed error
PW 508
RPM, 27000
Engine idle at Pw 90.. Still brand new so high ideal is expected for the first 2 hours
Engine total run time : 82 Min
I tried everything including bench test with same issue
almost lost me jet due to this.
Engine was sent today for service. Its a shame really, But in know kingtech support is first class. I just have to wait until i get it back
Thanks for posting this, since i couldnt find anyone with the same issue. It seems uncommon and rare.