Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Aero works freestyle 260

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Aero works freestyle 260

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 03:57 AM
tail_slider3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero works freestyle 260

Hey folks!
ive been out of the hobby for about eight years but I have recently decided to jump back in with both feet! I still have quite a few of my airplanes and I plan on doing an inspection and replacing the batteries and flying most of them.
While browsing airplanes online I ran across the AW 260 freestyle! The videos look great and the specs look awesome! I was just wondering if any of you guys have flown the airplane and what were your thoughts about it?
Old 07-11-2014, 07:13 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I have not had my hands on one yet. The word around the field is the 30cc is one of the best 30cc 3D planes on the market. They have a new 60cc version and I think a 100cc version is in the works. One thing you wont beat is AW quality. You can use all the supplied hardware and the paint and covering is above anything else I have owned from some of the other big names.

David
Old 07-11-2014, 07:14 AM
daveopam

Almost forgot, Welcome back and welcome to RCU. There is also an AW support forum here on RCU that has some good info.

david
Old 07-16-2014, 10:14 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

I had one last year, built and fit was good, lost it on maiden due to some sort of massive radio crash, but still have 100% confidence in the value of this airframe.
All I wanted to add ,was an optional tunnel, as many 30cc off shore motors are way too loud on pitts mufflers
Old 07-17-2014, 06:06 AM
daveopam

Nitro wing, you should try a DLE35RE. The rear exhaust muffler is much quieter and also eats up less of the cowl.

David
Old 07-18-2014, 09:25 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

that's what I had actually, and still put it on an canister, which may have run internal temps beyond receiver (A9) and A123 batts temps, since I ran the pipe inside with limited heatshields or protection to electronics above. Really pisses me off as I had so much confidence in the plane and it was such a good fit for a small 4 door sedan, Damage was well over 1500$ in lost parts and electronics, maybe a bit more in CAD$$ standards. Wife cut me off RC$$ after buying a new house In july 2013, now I have to fly foamies.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:31 AM
MDMask

I own the small electric- and I love it! very responsive, powerful and well-built. I agree with others comments about kit contents and quality. Mark produces nice stuff.

New to RCU forums, I have a lot of info on the electric over on RCG.