Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Help with the Hanger 9 Extra 260 27%

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Help with the Hanger 9 Extra 260 27%

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 07:08 PM
twistedfrenchfry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with the Hanger 9 Extra 260 27%

This is my first post on this website so i apologize if there is any problem with where this is posted or anything else.

Recently I received the Hanger 9 Extra 260 27% from a friend of mine. What he gave me was just the body in pieces with no hardware. None of the screws, hinges, tailwheel, etc. He has looked and could not find the hardware anywhere and does no recall it even coming with it. My question is: Does anyone have this plane and know the size of the hinges and such? (I can figure out the screws from the sizes it says in the manual) As well, is there anyway I can get a hardware set from anywhere? I know they discontinued the product and i called up Horizon Hobby and they said there is no information what-so-ever that they can get on the plane. Which of course was no help at all. (So much for technical support xc) Lastly, are there any tips or anything anyone can give me about this aircraft? I cant seem to find very many reviews, builds, or any general information about it anywhere.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:41 PM
UltraBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one of these for a while when they first came out. The surfaces were hinged with larger hinge points, much like the robart large hinge points. All of the hardware was 4-40 stuff..ball links, threaded push rods, etc. Just use good quality, currently available 4-40 hardware and large robart hinge points and you'll be fine.

Here is a link to the assembly manual. Good luck! Bob

http://www.hangar-9.com/ProdInfo/Files/Extra260.pdf