Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

Info on F15 Nitro turbine powered with Russo .61 engine with Byron Fan

Community
Search
Notices
Turbine Clinic Get direct support from the major turbine manufacturer support reps in here.

Info on F15 Nitro turbine powered with Russo .61 engine with Byron Fan

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 12:04 PM
artmagoo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on F15 Nitro turbine powered with Russo .61 engine with Byron Fan

Gentlemen, I have a F15 approx. 44in wingspan with a .61 Nitro engine. I am in dire need of any info pertaining to setting this up to fly. It is used but looks like it is in great shape. I understand this a/c is from the 1980 era and am looking for an old timer for help. I need to know what is used on the rear of the engine to start it. There is a cup but nothing to go inside to the starter connect the starter rod to. I have no idea what I need, the aircraft is fully equipped with all the essentials to fly except the starter connect. Also is there a tailpipe that goes inside the fuselage as some told me it was. The airframe is all together with no extra pieces left over. Any assistance provided will be greatly appreciated. Respectfully, Art
Old 09-10-2014, 02:14 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Art,

Just so you know you have posted into the turbine area so you might get a better response in a different forum, FYI.

Is it a ducted fan? Meaning is the motor inside the fuselage with a small diameter fan? and you put a starter want up the tailpipe to start it? Pictures will help as I don't recall an F-15 with that wingspan. Could be a BPM Regal Eagle or a Topgun F-15. There were Byron version of both of these.

Do you already fly RC planes or helis?

Regards,
Old 09-10-2014, 03:11 PM
artmagoo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sir, I really was not sure where to place the Post for the max viewing. Yes it is a ducted fan seems as though Regal Eagle was mentioned by one Flyer who viewed it.. I have tried several options including a call to Byron, could not get any info on the ducted fan. To answer your questions, yes I have been flying some 12 yrs, I preferred War Birds but they have their own Flying issues. Yes the Aircraft in question has a starter rod that you put up the rear and engage something that is missing. I am not sure what it is, that is my problem. Will send you some pictures to clarify what I am talking about. Wish you had some of the rain we are getting here in Florida, everyday. I know parts of California is really dry. Appreciate your input. Regards, Art
Old 09-10-2014, 03:55 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry I never ran a byron, I cant imagine what is missing. I think if you took pictures and post right into the main Jet forum you should be fine.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/newt...ewthread&f=120