Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Newbie need help binding transmitter redcat Aftershock 8e

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Newbie need help binding transmitter redcat Aftershock 8e

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 07:49 AM
fortress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie need help binding transmitter redcat Aftershock 8e

Hi!!!

I have a new Redcat racing AFtershock 8e but the thing doenst move. Control doenst work. I followed the binding procedure but it doenst work too. when i do it, the green ligth on the transmitter doesnt flash like what i see in the tutorial video. It just goes green and doenst flash. I tried many times, sometime the green light will flash one time and just goes off.

This car was purchased by the grand father of my son bud sadly, he didnt have the time to play with it, he just died a couple of week later

I would like to make it work for my son.. please

thx

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH THX
Old 01-19-2015, 08:16 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q24Jp0iePo
Old 01-19-2015, 08:16 AM
collector1231

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q24Jp0iePo
Old 01-19-2015, 08:19 AM
fortress

hi!!! i already followed this video tutorial.. Like i said, the green light on my transmitter doesnt flash like in the video.. It just go solid green.. Sometime will flash one time and go solid green. This is the problem

At 3:50 in the video, when he touch the bind button and put the transmitter ON, the green light flash but mine doenst

Also, is it normal that the car beep 3 times when i put the power ON?

Last edited by fortress; 01-19-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:37 AM
fortress

in the aftershock manual, they said connect the receiver battery to the VCC port??? What is this receiver battery, i dont have that?? when i do the bind procedure, i have nothing on the VCC channel.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:08 AM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by fortress
in the aftershock manual, they said connect the receiver battery to the VCC port??? What is this receiver battery, i dont have that?? when i do the bind procedure, i have nothing on the VCC channel.
Does the receiver light flash or come on? You stated that there wasnt nothing plugged in the vcc.
If so,then you need to have a receiver battery,thats why the transmitter is doing what its doing.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:19 AM
fortress

when i turn on the car (with the binding cable on ch 3), the red light on the receiver flash. When i open the transmitter while holding the bind button, red light on the receiver stop flashing. Green ligth on the transmitter doenst flash, stay solid green..

SOmetime, the green led will flash one time and go off. So, do i need the receiver battery??? Is this supposed to came brand new with the car??
Old 01-19-2015, 09:21 AM
collector1231

Sorry, thought you might have been using a different video. Stupid question, you did unplug the bind plug when you were done, right?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:24 AM
fortress

yes collector, exactly... is it possible the transmitter is defect???
Old 01-19-2015, 12:14 PM
collector1231

It is certainly possible. You can contact Redcat customer service to see if you can get a replacement.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:32 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if, after turning on the transmitter with the bind button pressed down...the red light on the receiver Stops blinking then you have completed the binding. Turn off the truck first, remove the bind plug and then turn off the transmitter.

if you leave the bind plug in the receiver when turning the truck back on, it will try to bind yet again.

It is possible you just have a bad radio. I used to be a dealer for redcat and got a rock crawler with a bad radio myself. I contacted redcat and filled out the warranty form and had a new remote in 6 days.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:36 PM
fortress

i did exactly that several time.. Like said, in the tutorial, the green light on the transmitter will flash once you turn it on while holding the bind button but mine doenst.. Maybe its not mandatory but im sure something is wrong here.. Sometime the green light flash one time and goes off (while im holding the bind button)
Old 01-19-2015, 12:39 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

if you have done all I mentioned, and you still don't even get steering control then the transmitter or receiver is likely bad. The truth is you shouldn't have to bind a truck out of the box as it should have already been bound.

here is a link to the warranty form:
http://www.redcatracing.com/Warranty-Form
Old 01-19-2015, 12:43 PM
fortress

Just for you to know... After the binding process, When i turn on the car, and then the transmitter, the car react to that but steering and throttle dont work
Old 01-19-2015, 12:47 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

this is not likely the cause of your problems....but you Always turn on the transmitter before the car! Most modern radios have a built in failsafe, but even so you take a risk turning on the car first, it could decide to take off at full throttle!
Old 01-19-2015, 12:49 PM
fortress

yeah but should i get a new transmitter or a new receiver??? that car is brand new but it has been purchased one year and a half ago, out of warranty i think.. I just want to know what to do thx
Old 01-19-2015, 12:50 PM
fortress

Hi Nitro, i know that i should turn on the transmitter first, i have already some RC cars, brushless etc etc.. I was just trying all the possibility thx
Old 01-19-2015, 01:11 PM
fortress

damn, do you think the battery of the car could be in cause?? I think they have stayed connected when the car was in the box.. but if the battery voltage is low, the car can still be turned on?
Old 01-19-2015, 01:31 PM
fortress

can i put the traxxas rustler receiver in the Redcat?? will it work with the red cat ESC???
Old 01-19-2015, 01:49 PM
cbaker65

can i put the traxxas rustler receiver in the Redcat?? will it work with the red cat ESC???
Yes,you should be able to.Infact,I was going to sugest to buy another brand radio gear,like a Flysky unit,
or something of better quality...
Old 01-19-2015, 01:57 PM
fortress

k thx, i ill try that and will see the outcome
Old 01-19-2015, 02:03 PM
cbaker65

damn, do you think the battery of the car could be in cause?? I think they have stayed connected when the car was in the box.. but if the battery voltage is low, the car can still be turned on?
One of the first things you do when getting a car prepped for running,is to make sure the batts. are good,
an juiced up.
Im not too hip to the new electronics,But I bought my Flysky 2.4 unit for one reason,an that was because
it had a built in fail safe in the receiver that detects bad radio range or loss signal,which shuts the servo down
to neutral.Im not sure if they detect low battery an shut down,if they do,then that maybe the issue.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:11 PM
fortress

i did check the battery earlier with my thunder recharger and they seem to be ok.. I will try another receiver system and will see
Old 01-19-2015, 02:17 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

lol, guys the base model flysky is the same as the redcat radio.....same receiver and everything.

you can certainly put the traxxas radio and receiver into the car. You may need to re-calibrate the ESC tho (teach the ESC where the full throttle/neutral and brake points are on the new radio)

If you fill out the warranty form, redcat will send you a new radio And receiver...already bound to eachother. At least they did in my case. They can not determine 100% which is at fault, so they will just send a new radio/receiver together.

On the date of purchase....technically it is out of warranty. However, you know that it hasn't been used and thus was defective out of the box. While having a date of purchase or a slip is helpful in getting a warranty claim filled, it may not be required.
It cant hurt to explain the situation and state that while it was bought some time ago it has only just been taken out of the box. Im sure they sometimes have people get a RC for Xmass but not actually try to run it until warmer weather...in which case the warranty would technically be up.
Redcat knows that some stuff leaves defective....unlike other RC companies redcat does not manufacture their stuff. It is all made, boxed and sealed overseas. Knowing this, they are pretty good at taking care of defective stuff (especially out of the box) because it is cheaper for them to fulfill warranty claims than to have some guys paid to inspect every truck before it ships out. That would be a huge job.

Im glad to hear you have driven other RCs before, because the aftershocks is no slouch. It not only does 45mph but it gets there really fast! Trucks of that speed are not good for complete newbs.

while it is doubtful, having your lipos be low voltage could be an issue. when the ESC senses the voltage is low, it will first cut power to 50%...then cut power all together. This lets you know it is time to recharge.
But I think even if the lipos are really low, you should still have steering control.
Still, it would not hurt to charge those lipos and give it 1 more shot.