Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Caution dealing with syssa aircraft!

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Caution dealing with syssa aircraft!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 06:56 AM
Deathrattler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caution dealing with syssa aircraft!

I want to share my misfortune with placing an order with Syssa Aircraft recently. I placed my order and did not see it or hear from them for over two weeks. When i tried to email them, there was no response. I tried to call them; and they did not answer the phone....AND, their voice message inbox was full. I was forced to file a dispute with PayPal; and I still did not hear back from Syssa.

After I escalated my dispute to a claim with PayPal, I received a message from PayPal stating that it had been shipped. I still did not receive any response from Syssa.

I would not recommend ordering anything from Syssa; but if you absolutely have to, please use caution.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:08 AM
JohnB96041

Sorry for your misfortune. I have been ordering different things from Syssa Aircraft for a long, long time and have never experienced what you have experienced. I reguard them as a very good company and have always received my products in a timely fashion.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:51 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Syssa Aircraft has moved to a new facility in South Carolina. I suspect that's the reason for the delay in responses.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:25 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

I had heard of trouble dealing with them before but when I broke the crank on my 30 in a crash they instantly responded to my request for repair. They had it turned around in 1 week and replaced the crank, bearings, and back plate for $65. I was impressed and assumed they had learned from their past mistakes with customer service. Hopefully this is an anomaly.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:26 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tried to order an engine from those guys a year or so back. Never responded to emails or calls. I gave up.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:09 AM
Greg Julian
My Feedback: (162)

I've tried to contact Syssa Aircraft for several months. I've called several times and all I get is a message that says the voice mail box is full. I also sent e-mails to Todd with no response. I would like to have one of their motors but if they won't respond I guess I'll buy a motor from another company, one that actually cares for their customers.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:36 AM
JohnB96041

Their web site now shows a new address: Syssa Aircraft Performance 2139 North Main Street, Suite M, Summerville, SC 29483. Also new telephone number: (860) 538 – 2937. Have you tried these?
Old 03-28-2015, 10:19 AM
Greg Julian
My Feedback: (162)

Yes I have. Mailbox is full.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:46 PM
Ed6500

I also had very bad luck with them also.
If you want a engine call Build right Fly right in Wallingford CT.He is a dealer for them and has these in stock and can get in touch with Syssa.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:26 AM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

The main reason why I won't buy a Syssa engine is the lack of or reputation of their customer service. There are way too many complaints Syssa not responding to the needs of a customer who is having a problem. I don't need that frustration. Some have said they they were satisfied when trying to contact them when needed but there are far too many complaints of Syssa not responding to calls or e-mails when a customer needed to contact them.
I think if they really cared, they would have corrected this problem long ago.