Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

evo10gx surges at high rpm's

Community
Search
Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

evo10gx surges at high rpm's

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 05:45 AM
brian mire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evo10gx surges at high rpm's

hello every one an thanx for any help regarding my issues, i have 2 evo 10gx's bought the first one did the break ins all went well put the motor in my restored sig kadet went so good bought another one for my sigkadet sport, now im having some issues, after both motors had been flown several times and break in period was long past both motors are now stalling, sputtering at high rpm's and stumbleing when throttle is raised from an idle to take off, i have done all the requirements for correct fuel line clunk movement tank pressure location and so on i have even held them nose up nose down, adjusted high settings low settings nothing seems to change this? im powering the ign with a 7.4 lipo all is away from any emfs from radio etc, when plane's are on the ground during warm up they idle fine throttle response seems ok, until i put plane at full throttle than problems. planes both seem to stall every time during take off,(getting real good at dead stick landings!) and it is frustrateing at best have poured over threads an tried many different things to no avail.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:49 PM
kman527

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one of these and could never get it to run correctly. Eventually figured out that the Pitts muffler I was using did not provide enough pressure to the fuel tank. After plugging one of the exhausts it worked much better.