Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more
Reload this Page >

Starting out in on-road racing in North East England. A little advice, if you may...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Starting out in on-road racing in North East England. A little advice, if you may...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 05:02 AM
LimitedSlipDiffTrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Starting out in on-road racing in North East England. A little advice, if you may...

Hi there,

It's been a good many years since I frequented these forums, but I'm glad to be back.

After a long hiatus from the RC world, I feel it's time to get my feet wet again, and I'm in the unusual position where I have a good chunk of cash to throw at it and do it properly.

I've searched the forum, searched what feels like the entire internet and I'm still lacking in some basic info to get me moving in the right direction.

I'm looking to get into on-road racing, hopefully competitively (eventually). I (had) two clubs close by (within 40 miles of the Newcastle area) which ran 1:12 Electric Circuit and 1:10 Electric Touring. One appears to have closed and the other I'm not getting any response from my communications.

This leaves me with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, is the RC community dying out in the North? The BRCA website certainly seems to indicate that...

I used to race 1:10 and 1:8 nitro buggies frequently in the North West and that scene was thriving only 10 years ago. I fancied a rest from the constant breakages and endless cleaning thanks to our marvelous weather, which is why I'm looking at on-road.

My other issue is that I'm just not able to find what the most popular on-road class is, and as such I'm not able to find the right chassis/gear to buy.

Alas, with no clubs I'm not going to be racing, so may just have to dump my cash into a decent off roader for bashing. I do however really, really like the look of the 1:12 and 1:8 pan cars...

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited by LimitedSlipDiffTrip; 11-17-2015 at 05:09 AM.