Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Rustler VXL or XO-1

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 08:55 PM
cooldriver385

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rustler VXL or XO-1

Hello all,

I've been out of the hobby for 5 years now and am thinking about returning. Sold all my gear years ago so I've got squat.

I'll mostly be running on-road in parking lots on campus. Don't have to much else, maybe I could find some off roading spots.

I'm liking the idea of a Rustler VXL with some Anacondas, simple 2WD stadium truck similar to the Jato I had. Can do fun wheelies with it.

The XO-1 looks awesome, but I am wondering if driving that all the time in parking lots without being able to wheelie/occasionally go off road. The price difference can be covered by simply waiting a month or two.

I like the E-Maxx and E-Revo but don't have good places for them right now. I do want to stick with Traxxas cause of parts availability.

Let me know what ya'll think. Will I regret the expense of an XO-1?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-21-2016, 11:46 PM
grabbem88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A rustler can be built a 1000 ways where an xo1 is one way...

That being said my rustler is all aluminium but the body posts It's extended widened and my cog is set on scrape...
I'm using jato shocks which really makes it handle.

My taped anaconda tires after 4 yrs finally blew so I went with g-locs taped of course and grip with zero ballooning

Vxl Velineon was pulled for a castle mamba pro with a castle 1410 3800kv on 4s 31/76 gearing and I can go almost as fast as a xo1 next weekend swap shocks wheels and gearing then bash with kids With their stampedes