Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

What is the difference between Auto + 1 and Auto + 2?

Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

What is the difference between Auto + 1 and Auto + 2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 10:20 AM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default What is the difference between Auto + 1 and Auto + 2?

Please can anyone explain to me what this setting is for and what it means?

Thanks,

Jan
Old 09-18-2016, 11:54 AM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Auto+ is the pump starting point at beginning of fuel ramp, see page 12 in link below. The Xicoy ECU manual covers a lot of functions and settings that are not explained in the Kingtech manual. However, I strongly advise not changing most of these unless you know exactly what you are doing.

http://www.espiell.com/FAD10.pdf

Last edited by sc0tt; 09-18-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Springbok Flyer

Thanks mate, that is a very useful link. I am familiar with AMT engines and appreciate your warning - very true, easy to turn one of these engines into a flamethrower.

I mainly have a problem on my K210 taking forever to get past the Preheat sequence and have only had micro suggestions so far - so for exactly that reason I have decided to get the full picture before I start making changes.

In comparison with two other K210's at my club, there are differences in specific parametersections. I am now starting to get an understanding of those parameters and will only make adjustments when I am convinced that the specific change will produce the result I need.

Cheers,

Jan

Last edited by Springbok Flyer; 09-18-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:27 AM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Thanks mate, that is a very useful link. I am familiar with AMT engines and appreciate your warning - very true, easy to turn one of these engines into a flamethrower.

I mainly have a problem on my K210 taking forever to get past the Preheat sequence and have only had micro suggestions so far - so for exactly that reason I have decided to get the full picture before I start making changes.

In comparison with two other K210's at my club, there are differences in specific parametersections. I am now starting to get an understanding of those parameters and will only make adjustments when I am convinced that the specific change will produce the result I need.

Cheers,

Jan
The link Scott posted is very informative.

Each engine has its own starting & running characteristics, even though the engines come from the same molds or machining specs, there are other things coming into play. You mentioned 2 others at the field with K210's parameters were different than yours. For starters, you have fuel system set ups in the jets that can make an engine start harder or easier depending on fuel restriction and such. New fuel pumps can be tight or loose and can make an engine start & run different than the other guys. Depending how old your turbine is compared to the other guys engines, KingTech is always making changes and upgrades that need different settings for starting purposes due to newer components. The settings in a New K210 to is totally different from 1 purchased 2 years ago. If you purchased a used engine, has it been to service and were upgrades performed on it? Keep in mind, technology is always changing and KingTech is always improving on a daily basis. When we get an engine in for service, we always perform the newest upgrades as long as it is registered to the current owner, and that means we make parameter changes for that current version of engine.
It is always best to use the factory settings that came in the ECU and see how they work out for you. If you are having starting issues, call you local Dealer for help. If your local Dealer is no help, you can call Barry or myself for tech support.

Dirk
KingTech, Tech Support

Barry 1-626-399-7588
Dirk 1-626-808-6122
Old 09-23-2016, 01:42 PM
Springbok Flyer

Originally Posted by flejter1
The link Scott posted is very informative.

Each engine has its own starting & running characteristics, even though the engines come from the same molds or machining specs, there are other things coming into play. You mentioned 2 others at the field with K210's parameters were different than yours. For starters, you have fuel system set ups in the jets that can make an engine start harder or easier depending on fuel restriction and such. New fuel pumps can be tight or loose and can make an engine start & run different than the other guys. Depending how old your turbine is compared to the other guys engines, KingTech is always making changes and upgrades that need different settings for starting purposes due to newer components. The settings in a New K210 to is totally different from 1 purchased 2 years ago. If you purchased a used engine, has it been to service and were upgrades performed on it? Keep in mind, technology is always changing and KingTech is always improving on a daily basis. When we get an engine in for service, we always perform the newest upgrades as long as it is registered to the current owner, and that means we make parameter changes for that current version of engine.
It is always best to use the factory settings that came in the ECU and see how they work out for you. If you are having starting issues, call you local Dealer for help. If your local Dealer is no help, you can call Barry or myself for tech support.

Dirk
KingTech, Tech Support

Barry 1-626-399-7588
Dirk 1-626-808-6122

Dirk,

The origin of my question come from my question posted on this forum earlier this month. Please refer to 'my preheat is taking forever' thread.

Hope to catch up with you and or Barry at BITW - I will actually have the specific engine in my model then.

Regards,

Jan