Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

GSU issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:02 PM
john491
My Feedback: (13)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default GSU issue

I just got my new KT100G and have installed it in the plane. I have connected everything I think properly but the GSU does not work. I have power to the turbine and the ECU. The Life battery has 9.7 volts. The starter works from the throttle when tested briefly. I am at a loss.
Even worse, RCU now has advertizing running in the input box for messaging so I am having to do this enquiry on my tablet.
Please help
Additional information. This is the new GSU. The one which came with the turbine appears to be DOA as nothing I do causes it to turn on. I have tried powering up the receiver, transmitter, and ECU in different order and still have a blank screen.

Last edited by john491; 12-11-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:42 PM
john491
My Feedback: (13)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Through trial and error I have found the answer to the problem.

To start, I use UBEC's to power my receivers. I originally tested the system using my standard UBEC and the GSU did not work. I sent it in and had it back within 7 days with the report there was nothing wrong with the GSU ( I was impressed with the turnoround speed ) . I had been having troubles ( another matter ) with LiFe and NiCad receiver packs making my servos jitter. The UBEC did not have this problem. After getting the unit back and it still not working, I plugged in an old Nicad and the GSU started working. I then changed the jumper on the UBEC to 5.6 v and the unit worked. There seems to be a low voltage threshold at about 5v for the unit to work. I could find nothing in the manuel or online dealing with receiver voltages.
My problem has been solved. I hope noone else encounters this.
John
Old 01-08-2017, 07:25 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi John,

Minimum rx voltage should be 5.6, preferably above 6.0, thanks!

Regards,
Barry
Old 03-09-2018, 04:33 AM
Abedinpour

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi
today I tried to start my friends Kingtech 60 , first problem was the backlight of GSU , it was really hard to see , is there any hidden menu for adjust the brightness and contrast of LCD ? And the second problem was , after connect the batteries ( receiver and ecu ) the RPM in LCD fluctuate ( goes up and down , shows random numbers ) , but it works when test the starter and works very well when turbine is working ,how can I fixed it or its normal ?
thank you
S.Abedinpour

Last edited by Abedinpour; 03-09-2018 at 04:43 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:17 PM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Abedinpour
Hi
today I tried to start my friends Kingtech 60 , first problem was the backlight of GSU , it was really hard to see , is there any hidden menu for adjust the brightness and contrast of LCD ? And the second problem was , after connect the batteries ( receiver and ecu ) the RPM in LCD fluctuate ( goes up and down , shows random numbers ) , but it works when test the starter and works very well when turbine is working ,how can I fixed it or its normal ?
thank you
S.Abedinpour
I believe your receiver voltage may be too low. See the post before yours.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:52 PM
Abedinpour

Originally Posted by Custmachr
I believe your receiver voltage may be too low. See the post before yours.

tnx , but I don't think so low voltage is the problem
Old 03-10-2018, 03:31 AM
Custmachr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Abedinpour
tnx , but I don't think so low voltage is the problem
A friend of mine had same symptoms and he was using a Powerbox that was regulating the receiver voltage to 5.0 volts. When he went with direct voltage from LiFe batteries approx 6.3 to 6.6 the problems went away??
Old 03-10-2018, 03:51 AM
Abedinpour

A friend of mine had same symptoms and he was using a Powerbox that was regulating the receiver voltage to 5.0 volts. When he went with direct voltage from LiFe batteries approx 6.3 to 6.6 the problems went away??

hi
ok I will try it ,
tnx
Old 03-12-2018, 06:20 AM
Abedinpour

Hi,
i checked the receiver Voltage and it was on 5 Volt , change it to 6 volt and problem solved , thank you
Old 03-24-2018, 08:23 AM
extra 300

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I am having the same issue. installed a K70 on my HSD SV and voltage reading is 6V. yet i have a "low batt" message on the GSU. i am using a 3S LiPo to power the RX. Any idea why is this happening and how to overcome the problem knowing that the regulator is included in the kit and cannot be tuned...

Thanks in advance,
Old 03-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Abedinpour

Originally Posted by extra 300
I am having the same issue. installed a K70 on my HSD SV and voltage reading is 6V. yet i have a "low batt" message on the GSU. i am using a 3S LiPo to power the RX. Any idea why is this happening and how to overcome the problem knowing that the regulator is included in the kit and cannot be tuned...

Thanks in advance,
hi
it looks like that your turbine battery is low not the RX battery
Old 03-27-2018, 12:41 AM
extra 300

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Abedinpour.,
You are absolutely correct. My mistake!! ECU battery was not plugged when I did the learn RC sequence. I later on plugged the ECU Battery and all is in order.

Thanks for your input
Regards,
Old 03-27-2018, 01:12 AM
Abedinpour

Originally Posted by extra 300
Abedinpour.,
You are absolutely correct. My mistake!! ECU battery was not plugged when I did the learn RC sequence. I later on plugged the ECU Battery and all is in order.

Thanks for your input
Regards,
hi , 👌👍😻