Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Houston Ultimate and Harvey

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Houston Ultimate and Harvey

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 11:19 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Houston Ultimate and Harvey

I hope you Houston guys are hanging in with the flooding today. Saw a tornado with a path on to Monaville. My thoughts are with you guys as harvey unfolds.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:16 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by patf
I hope you Houston guys are hanging in with the flooding today. Saw a tornado with a path on to Monaville. My thoughts are with you guys as harvey unfolds.
+1

I hope all you folks affected by Harvey are OK...

Bob
Old 08-27-2017, 07:44 PM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We evacuated Friday at 2am to San Angelo. Just got power, water and sewer back in Corpus Christi. Unfortunately Rockport, Port A and Aransas Pass didn't do so well either. Prayers to all the affected families.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:50 PM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Prayers Sent. Chic
Old 08-28-2017, 05:51 PM
ChuckC

Grown up here on the Gulf coast and in 35 years, I've never seen anything like this. First responders overwhelmed 100 times over-lucky there are a bunch of guys with flat bottom boats around here. Airboats have been going non-stop since Saturday plucking people out of flooded houses and from within attics of flooded houses. Got my buddy out yesterday along with his neighbor; three families- 12 people, 5 dogs, a cat and a guinea pig in the house! They got together with family, but lost everything but the bags we could get on the boat.

Thousands in the same fix down here- thousands. And it ain't over yet. So far, we've been lucky we could help just a little bit. Me and my buddy will try and pull some people and possessions out in the morning...
Old 08-29-2017, 04:00 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckC
Grown up here on the Gulf coast and in 35 years, I've never seen anything like this. First responders overwhelmed 100 times over-lucky there are a bunch of guys with flat bottom boats around here. Airboats have been going non-stop since Saturday plucking people out of flooded houses and from within attics of flooded houses. Got my buddy out yesterday along with his neighbor; three families- 12 people, 5 dogs, a cat and a guinea pig in the house! They got together with family, but lost everything but the bags we could get on the boat.

Thousands in the same fix down here- thousands. And it ain't over yet. So far, we've been lucky we could help just a little bit. Me and my buddy will try and pull some people and possessions out in the morning...
Holy crap Chuck. Thank you so much for your efforts. Here in FW our local base (NFW) has turned into a SAR operations station. ANG is up and running refugee transfers on their C-130s, and local FBOs have been busy with refuel ops.

David
Old 08-29-2017, 06:19 AM
ChuckC

So, I work for the hospital in Galveston, which ironically is doing fairly well considering. Commandeering high water vehicles, flying in platelets when all other traffic is grounded, etc. looks like we are one of 2 level 1 trauma centers left open. It's hour by hour as to whether I can leave the house, even now.

Some of our fellow jet jocks have not fared so well.