Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM F16 1:6 Front former

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM F16 1:6 Front former

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 01:51 PM
rj lemay
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVM F16 1:6 Front former

Hi all,
I maidened my F16 today, and all went fairly well until about 3 min into the flight, I had a flame out. Now that's a deafening silence! Pointed the nose down, put the gear down, and was able to make a hard,
but damaging landing. The nose cone broke off, along with the frame under it, but worse it took the F1 former and destroyed it. It's completely repairable, but I'll need another F1, seeing that the nose cone framing attaches to it. Does anyone know how to obtain one, or should I just start trying to fab a new one? BTW it was a Merlin 140 XBL....
Thanks Bob
Old 08-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to get the former from bvm, as the noted once a while ago send a picture of what you need. But you should be able to fab a new one pretty easy if you have enough of the original to duplicate. Sorry to here.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:37 PM
rj lemay
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I'll call tomorrow, I need the cone and frame anyway.. I have just enough of the original to make a new one... shouldn't be too hard using a scroll saw and some 1/8" ply.
Bob
Old 08-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just checked on bvm site and nose cone and cone structure are listed and shown as replacement parts.