Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 55 In Need of Repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 08:04 PM
bkanter3
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 55 In Need of Repair

Hi All: Does anyone know where I can get a DLE 55 repaired?
Old 09-11-2017, 06:04 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact Us - AeroScott Model Engine Repair
Old 09-14-2017, 12:10 PM
banknyank
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can help as well. I am located in Staatsburg, NY and am just launching the formal business at the end of the month. I have been repairing and servicing all sorts of r/c engines for many years. Past large AMA club president, active flyer, and builder.

Please give me a call and we can discuss what would be best.

Thanks!

Bill

Mid-River Service & Repair, LLC
[email protected]
845-768-9284
Old 09-16-2017, 02:36 AM
PiccoLino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi bkanter3,
did you mean that you need your DLE 55 repaired after a crash/failure? Or you simply need it serviced?
Excuse me for the curiosity but to me engines is the real passion in this hobby and it is hard to imagine that someone would not like to disassemble such beauties, identify the problem, search for spare parts (internet is the greatest provider) and finally get the gratification of having solved the problem. I have got a DLE 55 myself that has gone through a number of problems in the last five years yet it has always been a great fun to fix them. Depending on how often you fly, according to my personal experience, the recurrent problems are: carburettor filter and membrane, ignition sensor/cable, spark plug, spark plug cap silicone insulator (e.g. if the engine head hit the ground, even accidentally while moving the plane around in your workshop), reed valve, ball bearings and piston ring in frequency order.
These are repairs do not take unique skills to be done and the payoff is that after each of them, you get the engine perform better and you learn more about your hobby, which ultimately means: less crashes.
However if the repair requires the replacement of important parts such as cylinder-head, piston, crankshaft and/or connecting rod, it typically means that the damage is way too big and it has exceeded the point at which you'd better buy a new engine.