Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

IGyro 3e questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

IGyro 3e questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 11:37 AM
Heliman4213
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IGyro 3e questions

Hi,

I'm sure some of these questions have been asked I just don't have a day to go through this entire site so if someone could help me I would be incredibly grateful. I believe I have everything completely plugged in correctly as I've checked it multiple times. With everything turned on just sitting on the workbench all the lights are green. Okay first off some questions that I just don't seem to be able to find out.
1. Ultimately I want a three position switch for just off and normal flying. Do I have to use the slider first and fly before I can set a three position switch or can you set a slider and a three position switch?
I don't think this would work as there's only one Gain slot in the Gyro?
2. Next question I don't have a GPS sensor so can I make the positions off, normal, and the next mode just for landing to have more gain instead of a GPS ??

3. Last question for now if the Gyro is technically off with a switch or without a switch are the green lights all off?

Anyway please anyone who wants to respond please respond the more replies the better because I'm getting very frustrated the planes on the bench I want to fly it as just sitting there all apart please help me.
Thank youName:  263a.png
Views: 248
Size:  323 BytesName:  263a.png
Views: 248
Size:  323 Bytes
Old 03-21-2019, 12:42 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

Until you fly the model you don’t know how much gain it will take, so I would set a slider for the gain, zero off in the middle, one way will be rate mode and the other altitude assist (heading hold) depending what model you have, either can work. Heavily loaded airframes fly quite well in HH.
once you have discovered how much gain you can run, you can change to a switch and set the max to just below the % you got to on the slider.
You are unlikely to get more than 50% on a Jet, so pre set the slider atv(travel) to 60% each way.
GPSII is a good unit, but if the airframe you have does not have a silly speed range, you can do without.

Even 20% gain makes a big difference, so anything is going to work for you.
if you have to reverse some of the channels, some green could be red.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:03 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 377 Likes on 304 Posts

I explained a lot of what you're asking in this article, give it a read
iGyro_3e_03_2015_Fly-RC_01.pdf

But yes, adding gyro gain with a mix to the gear down or flap down switch is a common way to kick gyro gain in landing configuration without adding the GPS unit.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:50 AM
Heliman4213
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thank you will look at article etc. Thank you both