Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

Changes to the new site

Community
Search
Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

Changes to the new site

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 03:25 PM
airplaneskipper
My Feedback: (103)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changes to the new site

Is there anybody left on the RCU site that can answer my dilemma here? In the last couple of weeks I have lost all commands into the site I have listings that need to be changed and can’t be able to do it because don’t have any revise listing options nor cancel listings options anymore can anybody help me he here ?
Old 01-06-2020, 03:38 PM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Outside of ads, have you lost any other abilities on the site? Also, are you able to make edits to your listing now?

Last edited by IBJoel; 01-06-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:02 PM
airplaneskipper

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Outside of ads, have you lost any other abilities on the site? Also, are you able to make edits to your listing now?
none as under listing tools the revise your ad disappeared the same as cancel your ad! Also you have said a few months ago’ that you where going to put in the relist option that never happened!
Old 01-07-2020, 09:40 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by airplaneskipper
none as under listing tools the revise your ad disappeared the same as cancel your ad! Also you have said a few months ago’ that you where going to put in the relist option that never happened!
I don't directly work on software changes. That is the responsibility of our tech team. I'll ask about why these features have disappeared.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:44 AM
airplaneskipper

Originally Posted by IBJoel
I don't directly work on software changes. That is the responsibility of our tech team. I'll ask about why these features have disappeared.
I give up!
Old 01-07-2020, 10:02 AM
IBJoel

I give up!
I gave the tech team precise directions on which abilities you should get with your own marketplace ads. So hopefully it's just as easy as flipping a switch.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:59 AM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RC Universe

This site is destroyed. I am not a software engineer, but I know what works and the "new and improved" RCU is a disaster.
This is perhaps the 3rd time I have posted this complaint... awhile back, I did get a response asking me what wasn't working and I got too busy to respond in detail.
  • Today I had the time to respond in detail, so went back to my Messages and there is nothing there... so we can identify that as Problem #1. Why aren't messages archived?
  • When logging onto discussion Forums, I try to scroll to the last message and if the forum is many pages long, this is a tedious and almost impossible process. What happened to being able to just click on the last page or any specific page of the forum?
  • Trying to buy or sell? Ridiculous.
  • My offers are in full public view and private messages to the seller may go unnoticed and unanswered.
  • I used to receive an email when an offer was made - no more.
  • There is no more Invoicing (which included the item, price, From and To addresses), no more Transaction Ratings system - at least nothing I can find.
  • The layout of the various 'buttons' or 'places to click' is not at all obvious or intuitive.
  • I am no longer logged in automatically when I go to RCU, even though my browser has my log in and password.. I have to click into The Market Place to be logged in.
As a guy who bought, sold, and conversed on RCU for many years AND purchased higher levels of membership I would sum up this new website as a white elephant.
Go to RC Groups or Flying Giants and see how a well designed website works.
The OLD RC Universe was LIGHT YEARS better than the new, and in many ways, BETTER than RC Groups and other sites.
I shop online almost exclusively and can say that RCU is now one of the WORST websites out there.
Someone really F****d up on this one, sorry.

Last edited by IBJoel; 01-17-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:35 AM
IBJoel

Hi Richard, I made a slight formatting edit to your post to better illustrate your bullet points and address them. My responses are in bold.
  • Today I had the time to respond in detail, so went back to my Messages and there is nothing there... so we can identify that as Problem #1. Why aren't messages archived? Which messages? Private Messages? Those should remain until manually deleted
  • When logging onto discussion Forums, I try to scroll to the last message and if the forum is many pages long, this is a tedious and almost impossible process. What happened to being able to just click on the last page or any specific page of the forum? There are multiple options here and they can work together). 1. Click "Last Post" to the right of the thread title (presuming you are one desktop). 2. Change to "Disable Infinite Scroll" in your options (be sure to "Save" at the bottom of that page)
  • Trying to buy or sell? Ridiculous. What do you mean by this?
  • My offers are in full public view and private messages to the seller may go unnoticed and unanswered. PMs being unanswered is something we can't really do anything about. What do you feel is the disadvantage of a publicly-viewable offer?
  • I used to receive an email when an offer was made - no more. You still receive an email notification of a reply/offer unless you've turned them off (see below)
  • There is no more Invoicing (which included the item, price, From and To addresses), no more Transaction Ratings system - at least nothing I can find. Invoices are sent via PM (see below). What is the difference between iTrader Rating and Transaction Rating?
  • The layout of the various 'buttons' or 'places to click' is not at all obvious or intuitive.
  • I am no longer logged in automatically when I go to RCU, even though my browser has my log in and password.. I have to click into The Market Place to be logged in. Do you have the forum bookmarked (or is the forum normally the first place you go?)?

Last edited by IBJoel; 01-17-2020 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:37 AM
airplaneskipper

Well my friend all the switches you are talking about are broken just today somebody had to go and find my cell phone number on one of my ads and called me, but look at that I got the message I got the message quite a few hour later after he already spoke to me, but as I see it I have been getting all of your commercial email soliciting on time and all the time and you can not be able to put this website at least with all the buttons and features the way it was before? Com3 on who you are trying to kid here?
Old 01-17-2020, 12:04 PM
IBJoel

Well my friend all the switches you are talking about are broken just today somebody had to go and find my cell phone number on one of my ads and called me, but look at that I got the message I got the message quite a few hour later after he already spoke to me, but as I see it I have been getting all of your commercial email soliciting on time and all the time and you can not be able to put this website at least with all the buttons and features the way it was before? Com3 on who you are trying to kid here?
You got what message hours later? Was it a PM or an email?

The site can't go back to the way it was before because the former software isn't compatible with our core software anymore.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:28 PM
airplaneskipper

You are trying to tell me that you can’t wright any program into the new website?
Old 01-17-2020, 01:40 PM
IBJoel

You are trying to tell me that you can’t wright any program into the new website?
It doesn't work like that. The old program used different software, so a new program would have to be built from the ground up. That requires assessment, analysis of the old program (if we still have access to it) and our system's capabilities, approval for work (which should go ahead but requires a communication flow), development, testing, some trial and error, and finally launch. Our tech team only has so many man hours available and while I have asked for a repost option, these things take time. I asked for the re-list option a while ago and I have asked for an update.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:59 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RC Universe

I have bought and sold on RCU, for years. Also did build threads, etc. Now, it seems that the site is broken. Sorry to see this. Went to RCG few years ago, it works in all areas, no issues.

Crankpin
The following users liked this post:
RichardGee (01-10-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 10:13 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by crankpin
I have bought and sold on RCU, for years. Also did build threads, etc. Now, it seems that the site is broken. Sorry to see this. Went to RCG few years ago, it works in all areas, no issues.

Crankpin
Site is working perfectly normal for me. Could you please expound on the broken options?