Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Saito Fg33r3 modification.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 03:23 PM
Tom ling

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Saito Fg33r3 modification.

Hi guys, firstly let me apologise if there is another thread I couldn’t see it, l got my Saito Fg33r3 and it wouldn’t run properly on number 2 cly. Not matter what the mixture etc I tried if I flew it and throttled back I would loose number 2. It could of been due to the very oily plugs or timing issues. I fitted the MMM back plate today and had a test run in the garden with the blank plug over the crank case vent and running on 30-1 oil. Wow what a change the “fluffy” mid range has gone and it’s now far far quicker in response, plus I let it idle for a min and it reved up straight away, before the lower plugs would get oiled up and it would struggle before clearing itself.

i haven’t got the new timing ring on yet but I have measured the timing of the standard ring and I have
number 1 - 35 degrees
number 2 - 40
number 3 - 34

these were not as bad as I thought they could of been but still not the 28-30 degrees they will be soon. I look forward to seeing what it is like after I have fitted that. Im getting 7250rpm on the ground with a 17x10 prop. After the timing ring I think I will go up to a 17x12

has anyone else measured the timing on their standard Saito radials?

Tom.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:25 AM
Tom ling

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My Saito 33 running beautifully with the MMM timing ring set at 30 degrees and the back plate mod fitted.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:11 AM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yak 11

Tom,

How did you balance your plane? D id you add any lead? Where did you place your battery (s)?

John