Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

JR R1 transmitter upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 07:55 PM
Prodigal R/C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR R1 transmitter upgrade?

I apologize for posting this twice. I initially posted this in the in the general radio forum. I thought this might be a better place...

Hello all, returning to the hobby after a long hiatus. I have a JR R1.transmitter. I know JR is now dead. Would it be worth it to track down a spektrum dsm module for the R1? Or start shopping for a more modern radio. I have 4 built nitro cars atm and am shopping for some more modern RC/s trying to decide what will be best going forward with the radio. Possible next first infraction, kraton, talion or limitless.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:30 PM
cheapsub

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please tell me you still have the transmitter, was it on 75 mhz.

I will like to make a trade, or buy the 75 mhz module.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:03 PM
cheapsub

Let see how I am going to make a point!

you love that radio, other wide you sold it long time ago. Was top of the line model. it feels good in yours hand , you know it inside out. Feed back of the control is super. Is like you third hand.
is classic, is magic, is cool, no cheap plastic junk.

DSM discontinued, not even the Chinese is coping it. Really Ebay as is.

the hot stuff in the market. Multiprotocol "JR" module, "JR" now is in Chinese standard pin in, not the Japanese Radio standard, not even the same size , is bigger. So you can't use it in the real JR radio.
solution:
2.4 GHz DIY RF kit only need 3 pins, PPM , power, ground.
frsky ACCST protocol , hobbyking OrangeRX DSM2/DSMX protocol and the hobbyking/frsky AFHDS protocol.
These are what I have. Tested they work with a old JR stick transmitter.
"Protocol " nows are day is a super sized alphabet soup. Name brand doesn't want the Chinese coping them, the Chinese doesn't want the Chinese coping them.
they all want you to buy a new one every year. Want more soup Sir.
my stuff is save for now, the chinese is doing a good job making receivers. ( way to go cousins! )

just ordered the 4 in one multiprotocol module to play with, guarantee it will show up in 50 chinese days, with the wrong software loaded.

That why they stop making the DIY stuff, is killing their new product line.
if they let us fix the old one(30 years old classic for real , I tested. ), who will buy your new one.
sorry sounded like a old Chinese woman again.

Your pick for trade,
Best one Frsky , with a 4 channel receivers.
Or 2nd Hobbyking DIY kit, DSMX. With 2 6 channel receivers.
Flysky is yours as a back up. With 2 6 channel receivers plus a 3 channel transmitter. ( grade for scale boats or toy car)
(all the receiver are no bigger then a half dollar)
I will stuff them in a real JR Module box. So you could just pop it in, done.

Deal killer, they now have 3 channel with build in gyro , man they will make you a grade driver.
check them out in YouTube. sorry Another bowl of alphabet soup.

This how bad I wanted the JR 75MHz module.
I lead a poor guy ate can soup for a long time from his wife because of these 75mhz module.
We the bobblehead should have cut down the torpedo juice.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:03 AM
Prodigal R/C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your reply. Yes I still have.. Im not sure I really understand your post??
Old 06-13-2020, 09:38 AM
cheapsub

Sorry, left and the right don't brain don't work at the same time.
forget it.