Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Diff For A Digger

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 03:15 AM
turbosonicman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff For A Digger

I currently have a new RJ Speed Digger with bearings and a stock 540 (so far). I got a ball diff kit from a Legends car-cheap. I wish to experiment with it and I have set up a separate axle and spur gear so I can always change it back to stock. It's a lot of fun bashing around with it (on smooth asphalt) the way it is-but it does exhibit a lot of understeer because of the go-kart type live axle. I don't want to keep replacing front tires. I have assembled and installed the diff as per instructions and am about to test it. Does anyone out there have any advice on how to set it up and what to expect? Right now it's pretty tight-the nut is turned pretty far in. I know-it's just a Digger-but it's an experiment to learn about ball differentials and how they make the car turn better....Thanks for any info or advice.