Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

ESC Replacement HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 05:56 AM
Persian Empire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ESC Replacement HELP!

So as I thought that my receiver was the problem of my 1/10 Carisma M40s Touring, I ordered a ARRMA ARX 100 3CH and found that it never worked as mt transmitter is not bind-able, it is only linked by a RX and TX chip. I then thought maybe if I could test my faulty one again. However, later did I find out that it was not even faulty. It is working perfectly. The problem was the ESC. When ever I move the ESC ON/OFF wire, it lags and shows sign of life only if I keep it in a specific area. Well the ESC is water damaged for all I know.

So now that I know all this. I went up online and searched up the replacement of the same ESC. However it is all sold out everywhere including Amazon, Ebay, modelsport and many more. Seems like people are really hungry for a discontinued RC car part.
Link to Carisma M40s ESC: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/carisma...roducts/384804

Also I do not wish to change the Motor as it is fine.

So the problem is, how can I replace my faulty ESC with a new one? One that is available and long lasting.
Can anyone tell me whether I can just purchase an ESC and just plug it into my receiver? Or do I have to do something else. Thanks.
This question is coming from a beginner so please reply simple.

Thanks.

Last edited by Persian Empire; 06-05-2020 at 06:00 AM.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:53 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought you were going brushless ?
Hobbywing Quickrun 1060 Brushed ESC .
Will have easy to follow install instructions !
Old 06-07-2020, 06:49 AM
Persian Empire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I know I wanted to do a conversion. But then I thought about what Billy said to me and I thought that having a fast 1/10 on-road touring car which is pretty low is quite an awful action when you do not have a wide area of land but instead a long smooth road. Instead I have purchased a brushless large scale desert car which can handle jumps, grass, mud, hills, deserts and many more. Thanks to you all for your support! Also I found out my ESC is now fixed because all I done was open the ON/OFF switch and connected the wire around the metal tips and now it is only an ON switch which never turns off. No worries I can just plug out the Tamiya connector and thats good to go. So now I have 2 RC's that work fine. Thanks again