Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

xray t4 ON THE OPEN ROAD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 07:26 PM
Lucianpoppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xray t4 ON THE OPEN ROAD?

Good night all and please don't revoke my membership for asking this. I own a xray t4 which is belt driven and was wondering if I could run this on the street. Im not close to an indoor track and coronavirus has also made that even more unlikely in the foreseeable future but I would love to start getting some run time in with this beauty. Was even contemplating getting a rolled up fabric to lay out on my driveway if it is absolutely insane to consider letting her out on the open road.

in regard to the covered driveway option any suggestions would be gladly welcomed.Be safe everyone !!
Old 07-07-2020, 01:50 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hu lucianpoppy wel yes you can run on street do you have a carbon fiber chassis or an aluminum chassis on the xray t4 ? well i would put some duct tape on chassis to prevent the chassis from scratches , gouges etc. i would make shure the asphalt street was real smooth too the xray t4 s are great onroad touring cars yes you want to practice with it help keep your hand and eye coordination in check it might be some time to get back to indoor to run on carpet dont know what tires you using ,you will need new ones for asphalt maybe yes you can buy some carpet if you want to go that way and set it up in drive way i run an aluminium chassis on carpet and some run a carbon fiber on asphalt for the flex in chassis because no flex racing on the asphalt compared to softer carpet you will have to change you setup for asphalt ok mugey
Old 07-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Lucianpoppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to check on the chassis. But what tires do you recommend for asphalt use??

Originally Posted by mugeyman
hu lucianpoppy wel yes you can run on street do you have a carbon fiber chassis or an aluminum chassis on the xray t4 ? well i would put some duct tape on chassis to prevent the chassis from scratches , gouges etc. i would make shure the asphalt street was real smooth too the xray t4 s are great onroad touring cars yes you want to practice with it help keep your hand and eye coordination in check it might be some time to get back to indoor to run on carpet dont know what tires you using ,you will need new ones for asphalt maybe yes you can buy some carpet if you want to go that way and set it up in drive way i run an aluminium chassis on carpet and some run a carbon fiber on asphalt for the flex in chassis because no flex racing on the asphalt compared to softer carpet you will have to change you setup for asphalt ok mugey
Old 07-07-2020, 06:07 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi lucianpoppy you can test the tires and wheels whats already on your car first , or use older tires sets for practicing and a set new for the carpet track ok mugey
i pm you ok

Last edited by mugeyman; 07-07-2020 at 06:16 PM.