Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Brian Taylor Corsair (82in version)

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Brian Taylor Corsair (82in version)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 10:22 AM
harriermate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brian Taylor Corsair (82in version)

Hi guys,
Does anyone know if there are a set of commercially available retracts for the large scale Brian Taylor Corsair?
i heard that Sierra had made some but not able to contact Darrell. Anyone know if they fit. It seems to be a regular problem for people building the kit... I know Brian Taylor designed and made his own.... but that’s a little beyond my capabilities!
Responses greatly appreciated.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:54 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

There may be some information in here of interest: https://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum...s.asp?TID=8974
The following users liked this post:
bigstew60 (09-14-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 12:59 AM
harriermate

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your rapid response and for the link. I went through that thread on RCSB for hours last night and PM'd DavidQ too. It seems that other than 'build your own' or using much weaker Unitracts, nobody has come up with a successful combination. Hate being 'defeated' but it looks like either my 'long stored away' Topflite Giant Scale P47 kit next.... or invest in a Ziroli giant scale Corsair and transfer the scale ideas from the BT design to it.

Nigel
Old 08-12-2020, 11:59 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by harriermate
Hi Chad,

Thanks for your rapid response and for the link. I went through that thread on RCSB for hours last night and PM'd DavidQ too. It seems that other than 'build your own' or using much weaker Unitracts, nobody has come up with a successful combination. Hate being 'defeated' but it looks like either my 'long stored away' Topflite Giant Scale P47 kit next.... or invest in a Ziroli giant scale Corsair and transfer the scale ideas from the BT design to it.

Nigel
It's a tough nut to crack Nigel and my own 1/6 scale Corsair build came to an abrupt halt for the very same reasons. Pretty much concluded that in order to get something that will do the job and is reasonably scale that I will have to design and build my own. Was hoping that something might come along that would work to my satisfaction but it's been nearly a decade and nothing yet. If I were to go larger I would probably consider blowing up the Taylor plans to the same size as the Ziroli in order to get something with a bit more scale fidelity. Good luck!
Old 08-17-2020, 04:31 AM
carlgrover

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I think you should keep trying to get ahold of Sierra. Maybe the guy is just swamped with work right now or something.

Carl
Old 09-13-2020, 10:39 AM
harriermate

Ok.... couldn't find a satisfactory response regarding retracts that would fit the BT Corsair.... so I reluctantly sold it on eBay today and will focus on building my Topflite GS P47 Thunderbolt instead. Father Christmas will hopefully deliver 2 packages next week (the first contains the robart retracts from Tower Hobbies and the second the fibreglass cowl and razorback canopy from Fibreglass Specialities). I say this only because USPS shows they both cleared UK customs on Fri.