Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Tire help!! Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 03:46 PM
Soloudsmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire help!! Please

Do you guys trim your foams in your tires befor you mount them? Also I can’t go straight down the track every time I get on it I spin out about halfway down. I have prolines and de. Idk what to try I’ve tried adjusting suspension. I run 50 in the rear 42 in the front. With proline Powerstroke shocks with the top spring taken off. Running castle mamba x 7700kv 12/54 mod.8 gearing. Lgc slash. Also it doesn’t wheelie but I guess that’s a good thing lol any help thank you!
Old 10-10-2020, 10:18 AM
bipe-me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may not have a tire problem. There are a number of things that can cause trouble down track. Air can be getting under the nose of the car, get it low and keep it down there at speed. Your differential may be too loose and need thicker silicone or grease to tighten it up. You may have too much steering in the car so that any input at all is too much. You only need enough to make minor corrections during a run. Do you have a sway bar on the car? There are so many things to dial in to get the car to run straight. Sorry not to be more helpful, but straight runs are what everyone is seeking. Perhaps you could start with a lower kv motor and get the chassis dialed in and then start bringing up the power.