Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

Jet Central Cheetah supplies no fuel at startup

Community
Search
Notices
Turbine Clinic Get direct support from the major turbine manufacturer support reps in here.

Jet Central Cheetah supplies no fuel at startup

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 10:13 AM
Turbine experimenter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Central Cheetah supplies no fuel at startup

Hello, I'm trying to start my Jet Central Cheetah for the very first time. I was able to command the fuel pump and the burner pump on to pump fuel through the lines and get them purged of all air. However, when I actually try to start the engine, the power pack (fuel pump module) makes noise as if it is pumping fuel, but absolutely no fuel is actually pumped through either the fuel or the burner line. After I tried starting the engine several times and having it make no effort to ignite, I just removed both fuel lines, held them away from the engine, and tried to start the engine just to confirm no fuel is being supplied when I go through the start sequence. There's nothing coming out of either line.

I'm very confused why I can command the fuel pump on, and it will pump fuel through either line no problem, but it does not supply any fuel during startup. I tried adjusting the parameters that control how much fuel is supplied at startup, and even at the maximum setting, no fuel is going through the line. Please offer any tips, thanks.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:24 PM
Turbine experimenter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok here is one thing that seems off. All of my stop alarms are always red at all times. Everything seems to function properly, but these all show red. I think at one point when I was setting things up electrically, all the alarms were red, both stop and info. But now just the stop alarms are red, and they are always like this. Rpm_Sens, Low_Rpm, Com_Error, Failsafe, Rx_Error, and Fuel_Error are all red, even though everything seems to work fine, except the fuel during startup. Nothing I do clears the errors. Maybe these errors are keeping the turbine from turning on the fuel pump during starting? I hear some noises from inside the fuel pump module, but maybe despite what I'm hearing the pump is not coming on?