Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

New mill

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 01:52 PM
Fullmaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New mill

Ok so been out of nitro for 10yrs.. my kid hijacked my lst2 and got it running for my birthday however the crankshaft snapped in 2 so I'm looking for a new mill ... what's good .. just backyard bashing ... jumps and whatnot
Old 02-09-2022, 05:36 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

If you want the best of the best, the Novarossi Truggy 28-8RT is the bees knees. If you want a budget engine that will work, the Dynamite Big Red or LRP .28 are good engines. Same basic engine, different name and colors. I stay away from HPI and Axial engines. I wasn’t really impressed with them.

I have two LST2s; one with a modified Novarossi 28-8 and the other with a modified Picco P3 .28. Tons of power, fast, and reliable as can be. I can’t say enough good about these engines. I recently picked up a near new Novarossi 28-7T for my Truggy. Should be a brutal combo. The 28-7T can be found in a rotostart or pullstart, but they’re not as common. This one has some wicked top end to it.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:31 PM
Fullmaxx

Was hoping lrp was still a thing.. I has the teal head yrs ago that discovered the bigger carb and combustion chamber ... still got the photos ...they were fun days
Old 02-10-2022, 04:25 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

LRP is still around. Still a rebranded SH engine made in Taiwan.

I had a Teal Mach 427 in a Muggified LST2 - it ran pretty good, but not as strong as the .28s of the time. The teal Mach 427 had the head button from the M26SS which was a higher compression button. It was a hop-up for the Orange 427s which was the same engine as the teal one except for the heatsink color and head button. I still have an Orange Mach 427 and an SH .28P6 that I don’t use anymore.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:11 PM
Fullmaxx

Think I still have both in pieces ... going to get big red or the red head dynamite .28 tomorrow ... gonna be a blast .. I blaming my kid he's 16 and he started this back up .. l couldn't remember my log in from years ago but it was fullmaxx1 I think but anyway thats my YouTube channel ... several old videos on there with my boy as a 2 year old .. he was my valet. Lol ... dint appear to be many on here now like Yeats ago .I. looked back thru and found 1 of my post from 09 .. yeah its been a minute.. but anyway drive it like ya stole it
Old 02-11-2022, 03:57 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Yep - I hear you. I’ve been a nitro RC guy for 23 years myself; my kids are getting into RC a bit - they’ve got a Traxxas Stampede 4x4 and a LaTrax Teton they play with. If I let them drive my nitro trucks, I turn the throttle travel way down. They aren’t ready for 50mph+ yet. my kids (8, 4, 4) take a lot of my time, so I don’t run my trucks much. I have a pile of boats and planes too. Roughly a collection of about 80 engines. Yup; I have a problem.