Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Jetcat U-Idle setting change?

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Jetcat U-Idle setting change?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 02:18 PM
Dave Wave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetcat U-Idle setting change?

I am trying to change my P60SE to a Flightworks 200 pump. The FW pump requires slightly more voltage than the stock pump. By changing the Acell 1 and Acell 2 I can get the engine to ramp properly and it peaks at about 53K (idle is 50K). However when the engine rolls back to idle, it rolls back too much, underspeeds and shuts down. The U-Idle is set at .4 ( pump starts at .5)and needs to come up a touch to compensate for the new pump. I looked through the GCU and software, but cannot figure out how to change this setting.

V6.0 software

Any ideas? Is this one of the settings that is passcode protected?

Thanks!

-Dave
Old 05-12-2022, 02:24 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

What happens if you increase the set idle speed.?
Idle voltage is set by that, on a P-60 it would normally be 0.5-0.6v
Old 05-12-2022, 04:26 PM
Dave Wave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do no want/need higher idle. Engine runs fine at 50K. The issue is that after the ECU come off the Accel2 Ramp, it heads back to the .4 U_Idle , which is too low for this pump. If I can figure out how to change U-Idle, it should be fine.

I would assume the U-Idle can be changed via the PC interface. If somebody has the code to change the pump parameters, could you PM me?

-Dave

Last edited by Dave Wave; 05-12-2022 at 04:47 PM.