Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Best inserts for screws into foam

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 02:04 PM
baerster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best inserts for screws into foam

Hello - I have noticed that some foam ARFs have plastic inserts in the foam for screws to set, and so that the screws can be removed and replaced repeatedly so the plane can be disassembled. Does anyone know what these inserts are called, how they are sized, and where best to get them?

-Tom
Old 06-05-2022, 07:12 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I use some of the threaded inserts for wood. They screw into a hole then you can screw a bolt or screw into the insert. They are sized according the desired screw or bolt size. 4-40 6-32 1-4” etc. A search shows McMaster-Carr sells them made for plastic. They may have some you can use.
Du-Bro sells brass type made for wood. Not sure if they sell for plastic. You might check with them.