Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

P-47 Razorback

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 05:03 AM
Henpecked

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default P-47 Razorback

With OS .15CVA
Old 09-26-2022, 06:08 AM
Henpecked

From an old Rich Uravitch designed Hobby Hangar kit. 6 channel with Flaps and retracts added. Concealed elevator linkage and exhaust completely enclosed outletting in a fairly close scale location to the full scale Thunderbolt.

Last edited by Henpecked; 09-26-2022 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:58 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

That flies VERY nicely! Fast when you want fast and pretty slow for that sort of model when you want slow. How's the handling when you slow down? It looked nice during the landing but what's it like up high if you try to slow down?
Old 09-26-2022, 12:23 PM
Henpecked

Hey BM! Gonna have to say I've kinda babied this plane; Baby doesn't go out in the wind, no exploring slow flight experiments that I have always seem prone to do..... It had too much friction in the main wheels at first which shortened a few props and scuffed the cowl bottom a bit. Made it prone to nosing over when rolling. That's all sorted out though unless it crops back up.....Hopefully not. Note of interest; Rich Uravitch is 80/90 or so. Being a small world some times I have gotten to know his neighbor. Neighbor says all he flys anymore is free flight. Anyway, to answer your question, I have tried very hard not to explore slow flight with this plane.
At a 40" W.S. it currently weighs 2.08 lbs. Dry weight A hair over 2 lbs. 6 channel, flaps and retracts. Has washout built in and I haven't observed any tip stalling tendencies. With a proper prop, it can haul the mail! In the first video I posted you can see going into a headwind it is very tame. Look close before I touch down and you can tell I'm playing with the rudder back and forth to see what kind of effect it has. Wonder if Rich has anymore of these left? Here's the build thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...47-Thunderbolt
Old 09-26-2022, 12:25 PM
Henpecked

Here's the Maiden flight. Rough footage back then (probably a cell phone strapped to my head) but gives you a good idea of how it flew off the board. Don't hear any beeps from changing trim.

Last edited by Henpecked; 09-26-2022 at 12:29 PM.