Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro RS4 upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 01:00 PM
NorthtoAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro RS4 upgrades?

My son has a new HPI Micro RS4. He wants to upgrade the ESC only to use 2/3s lipos. Is that possible? If so, which ESC? Thank you. We are new to this. Only built several 1/10’s from brushed to brushless. Still understanding and learning. Thanks again
Old 12-17-2023, 09:34 AM
Anagamer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default As for your question

What you’re looking for is a micro or mini brushed ESC. Currently I’m running a brushed system in mine with a Novak Spy ESC. I’m using a 2 cell 1000mAh lipo. I’m not sure is the Spy can handle a 3 cell lipo due to the voltage. 2 cell is 7.4 volt and a 3 cell lipo is 11.1 volt. Also getting a smaller pinion (motor) gear will help out with speed. My plans are to switch it over to brushless but I’ve ran into an issue. These cars take a 180 size motor and a 48 pitch pinion gear. I hope this helps you.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:58 AM
NorthtoAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you! Much appreciated, he loves his Micro.

Originally Posted by Anagamer
What you’re looking for is a micro or mini brushed ESC. Currently I’m running a brushed system in mine with a Novak Spy ESC. I’m using a 2 cell 1000mAh lipo. I’m not sure is the Spy can handle a 3 cell lipo due to the voltage. 2 cell is 7.4 volt and a 3 cell lipo is 11.1 volt. Also getting a smaller pinion (motor) gear will help out with speed. My plans are to switch it over to brushless but I’ve ran into an issue. These cars take a 180 size motor and a 48 pitch pinion gear. I hope this helps you.
Thanks for you information. Much appreciated.