Go Back  RCU Forums > Classifieds & Marketplace > Engines - All
Reload this Page >

ASP FS400-AR parts

Community
Search
Notices
Engines - All Listings by RCU members of personally owned motors and engines for sale.

ASP FS400-AR parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 10:21 AM
RadialSkip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASP FS400-AR parts

Hello Radial Engine Enthusiasts,
I’m new to the forum and have a few questions about the ASP/ Magnum 400 radial engine as I have not run mine yet. I have read the extensive thread here on this engine and plan to do the mods before I ever run it. Also check the lubrication in the front since gear replacements are non existent. Here are my questions:
Has anyone miked the piston and recorded the measurements? Is there enough space in the engine to make the flanges on the wrist pins (slave rod to master rod thicker)? Would stainless steel be better material (perhaps tougher) for these? Does anyone have the numbers and manufacturer name for the better bearings? For example: Boca, Fafnir, or some other model? Has anyone thought about spray lubrication and an onboard oil pump to keep the bearings cool?

Just to let you know, I did stock up on two sets of OEM wrist pins, push rods, cylinders, push rod covers and other small parts. I am also a machinist and have a full machine shop to make the parts I need. In the US we can get after market pistons in any size so making spares isn’t a problem. Just looking for some input.

Last edited by RadialSkip; 04-05-2024 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2024, 07:03 PM
israelillo81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used the engine without the suggested modifications of the fabulous thread started by Kmot. Engine runs fine as they used to sell it. I bought mine on Hobbyking back in 2012. Next im trying to convert it to CDI ignition.

Cheers,

Israel