Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

JetCat P80 ECU Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 05:13 PM
Mach_Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetCat P80 ECU Problems

Hey all, first time posting so I hope this is in the right place!

I am on a college design team and we are working with the JetCat P80. We have been trying to get the Jet-Tronic windows software to work with our V6 ECU via an rj12 to USB 2.0 cable (the cable uses an FTDI chip). In trying to do this, something seems to have gone wrong as the GSU now flashes the red pump light and the LED board's red LED flashes. As per the manual, we replaced the glow plug with a new one to no avail. Was hoping there was someone here who has encountered this issue before and can provide some help since JetCat Americas just told us to send it in for service. The electronics seem to function otherwise normally as the GSU can still read the temperature information from the engine as well as the correct voltages from the batteries.

We also wanted to see if anyone has successfully connected their engine to the windows software on a newer version (10 or 11) since online information is sparse. Only stuff I have been able to find has been on these forums from around 2010 or before claiming it has worked on some windows XP machines

Thanks in advance!
-Jordan
Old 06-20-2024, 09:00 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 738 Likes on 532 Posts

The older turbines sometimes struggle with that software, there are even differences on the case being ground or not.

email JetCat Germany service from their website

Dave
Old 06-21-2024, 06:44 AM
Mach_Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave! As of now our biggest concern is not using the software anymore. We have finally got everything in order to run the jet however, with whatever error is tripping we can't. We have tried unplugging everything to ensure proper connections and have verified that nothing, at least upon inspection, is fried within the ECU. Any idea what could have caused this? We have connected a laptop to the ECU before with no problems however last time it was left plugged in for a few minutes and we now have the issue mentioned above.
Again, thank you for your help!

Jordan