Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aura 8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 09:57 AM
Red999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aura 8 problems

Tried a couple of Aura 8 systems on my planes.
On the first one I used the Aura 8 with remote Spektrum receiver and it worked flawlessly. On the second plane I used the Aura 8 with a new Spektrum AR637T receiver (using the SRXL2 port). Everything seemed fine during checkout on the ground and when doing a small range check.
However after my takeoff and first turn, the plane locked up and went straight in from 300 ft (total loss ~$1800).
I was flying with the Aura in the off mode.
The manual list receivers they have checked out (this one is not on the list), however when I called, the tech at Aura told me that this receiver will always fail when used with their system!!!! I will take responsibility since they specifically state they will not take responsibility for any other equipment not on their list.
Just a warning to all. If its not on their approved list - CRASH... Even if it is in the off mode.
Old 07-09-2024, 08:14 AM
Red999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't like to leave negative post (if possible)...
So... I have flown my first Aura system on a 48" Extreme Extra and are VERY happy with it.
In fact, Im ordering another (with the correct receiver) for my new 30cc Extra.
I suppose doing a ground check for problems with conflicting gyros is stupid at best...
Anyway, system work great and look forward to my next installation.