Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Radio or Battery Mystery?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Radio or Battery Mystery?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 02:01 PM
jaj333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio or Battery Mystery?

I have a Flex QQ Extra 300 G2. Flies on a 3s 2200 Mah Lipo Battery. Plane has a Ec3 on the ESC. My battery has a XT30 Connector so I use an adapter to hook them together. Has always worked fine, until today One of my adapters is a little lose, so I taped them together. When the plane went through its fire up. It had some extra beeps I had never heard before. So I shut it down and started again and It seemed fine that time. So set on the field and took off. Need a bunch of up trim. When I looked down at my Spectrum DX-8 transmitter so I could trim it the radio was on and I had no screen. I thought what the ------- however I could still fly the plane. Radio was fully charged. Landed and changed the battery and a different adapter on the same type battery. Tried it again and every thing worked as it should. Plane flew great still need more up. All I can figure out is the loose adapter. What do you think guys?? Also flew two other Flex planes with same radio and no problems.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:48 PM
GREG DOE

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Start by checking your suspect battery under load. Secure your airplane where you can throttle it up. Connect a battery tester to the balance plug. If you don't have a balance plug volt meter, borrow one or buy one. They are usually around $10.00 or less. Fire up the motor and observe the readings for the individual cells. I suspect you will see one cell, or more have a significant voltage drop. Good luck and let us know if you find the cause of your problem.
Old 06-28-2024, 05:12 AM
rgburrill

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by jaj333
... When I looked down at my Spectrum DX-8 transmitter so I could trim it the radio was on and I had no screen...
How does the airplane battery affect the transmitter screen?
Old 06-28-2024, 05:50 PM
GREG DOE

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

That question crossed my mind. I don't have a Spektrum transmitter with telemetry, but my son does. I don't know how the transmitter telemetry could be affected by a receiver voltage drop? That was part of why I suggested trouble shooting by checking your battery under load. If the battery checks good under load you have eliminated that as a source of your problems.