Go Back  RCU Forums > Classifieds & Marketplace > Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX8e and PPM assignment

Community
Search
Notices
Radio Equipment View all radio equipment for sale right here.

Spektrum DX8e and PPM assignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024, 09:10 AM
paulcurtis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX8e and PPM assignment

I've acquired a Robbe plane kit with a flight controller. This component is new to me. I can see how this wires up, and the F701 receiver I have knocking about has a PPM port, so the flight controller would plug into that. So far, so good.

The F701 ports are THR/AIL/ELE/RUD/GEAR/AUX1/AUX2/PPM. So PPM is in the 8th port position. Can I simply assign Channel 8 (which is the default AUX3 channel on the DX8e) to any switch of my choice, and that will control whether the flight controller is active or not? (It is a binary controller, so I assume it would be 0% and 100% for the two switch positions? Have I got the right end of the stick, or is it more complicated, or impossible please?

I have yet to fiddle about, but would like to have some idea.

I hope this makes sense, and hope someone knows what I am talking about. Thanks.