Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

A-justo-jig

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

A-justo-jig

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 10:23 AM
rcprecision
My Feedback: (6)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default A-justo-jig

My father used an A-justo-Jig back in the 70s. He gave it to me many years later when I reentered building and flying RC planes in the early 90s after a long layoff. It had a few missing parts however I was successful in using it for a couple of projects. Work had me relocate to different cities in the 90s. The jig did not survive those moves. In 2020 I stumbled across a new one in the box in an online classified and figured I'd give a try on some Bridi throwback kits I plan to build. Best building aid/tool I have purchased in a long time. Below are links to a build thread using the jig with pictures of the most recently completed projects. Future projects include UFO, Dirty Birdy, Sunm Fil V, and a Vagabond.

Sun Fli IV Wing Build
Krafty Sixty

Bridi Sun Fli IV

Bridi Krafty Sixty

Old 07-17-2024, 08:18 AM
mgnostic

Received 101 Likes on 86 Posts

I have mixed feelings about jigs.I know people who feel like they have to use a tool just because they have it and people who couldn't build a straight fuselage without one. For myself, there are some airplanes that are easier to build with all the bits suspended in air with a jig. Another place where I really like jigs is for assembling music wire structures. A sacrifical jig can allow you to solder up a complex set of landing gear or wingstruts without risking scortching the model.

Last edited by mgnostic; 07-18-2024 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2024, 07:30 AM
RICKSTUBBZ

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Glen,
I vaguely remember the adjust-o-jig..
I tried to find some pictures of it on your blog page. But, only saw the pictures of it with a wing build..

Both of those airplanes look nice...and they have nitro (methanol) burners bolted in he nose.

I am familiar with your flying site. In fact when visiting there for a "FUN FLY" early last year, I think, I actually plugged in to that receptacle by your Sun Fli
The following users liked this post:
rcprecision (07-19-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 08:26 AM
rcprecision
My Feedback: (6)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Rick,

Here's a link with pics of the jig during the SunFli wing construction.

A-justo-jig
Old 07-19-2024, 09:49 AM
carlgrover

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I have an Adjusto jig and really like it. It's nice to be able to flip the wing over and work on the bottom. They are a little fiddly to set up but I think it's worth it. For the planes I've built using it, there was hardly any aileron trim required.

carl
The following users liked this post:
rcprecision (07-19-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 05:02 PM
gutmark

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I still have mine, I bought it an eon ago. I tried it once or twice, could never figure it out. I may have another try, I've got a few airplanes that need building in the near future.