Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Savox servos startup problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 04:32 PM
CanajunFlyBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savox servos startup problem

Just put in 5 brand new Savox 1270TG+ servos into my Slick 360 replacing some older BB servos. I am using a Jeti R7+ receiver and a SmartFly Comp 12 power bus.
When I turn on the plane, all the servos move to an extreme position and then snap back to zero. My BB's didn't do this. What's going on? I read somewhere that it could be due to the servos seeing power from the SmartFly before the receiver takes over so I tried bypassing the SmartFly altogether and plugging a servo directly into the receiver. This didn't help. That servo still did the same thing. I am now trying to bypass the entire SmartFly and put a servo directly into the receiver and then power the receiver with a separate 7.4V lipo to see what happens. Didn't help. Tried plugging the new servo into my F3A plane and on boot up it does the same thing.

So I updated my Jeti R7+ receiver to the latest firmware...didn't help at all. Still does it's start up thing. The weird thing is it only happens when I turn off both Rx and Tx and then re-boot Tx and then Rx. If after that initial boot up I turn off the plane and then turn back on within 30 secs or so, the plane comes on and the servos don't move at all.

I'd appreciate any help but keep in mind I have a Jeti system. I just don't get it. I mean what's the difference between the receiver binding on start up of both Tx and Rx and turning off the Rx (causing loss of signal and complete power off of the SmartFly and Rx) while leaving the Tx on and then just turning the plane back on? There's something going on between signal loss and reacquisition with Tx on and a total re-boot of both Tx and Rx.

Help please!

Thanks,

CFB
Old 07-23-2024, 08:38 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

What you are experiencing is a difference in boot up time between the receiver and the servos. Your servos are booting quicker than the receiver and some spurious (incorrect) signals are coming out of the receiver and the servos are responding. The fix is servos that have a soft start feature and center the surfaces slowly regardless of how the various system components boot up. Exchange your servos for the current model with soft start. Been there, done that but they never sent me a t-shirt. Most newer servos have soft start.