Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TopFlite P51D "Bunnie" continued

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TopFlite P51D "Bunnie" continued

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2024, 08:28 AM
gonzalobures

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default TopFlite P51D "Bunnie" continued

t has been a few weeks since I have worked on the P51D. Household projects took priority.
I had 2 projects to finalize in the fuselage; the Tail wheel doors closing mechanism and the cockpit. I tackeld the cockpit 1st.
I had ordered from JP Aceesories in the Checoslovakia, a few items to complete the cockpit. Jiri, attended my requests with attention and a lot of patience. I really appreciate his support and will order from him in the future for other projects.
In the model, I utilize a 2 battery system for the radio and a B/U module which monitors the battery voltage and selects the battery wit the highest voltage to operate the system. It has a monitor LED which indicates when it is using the designated backup battery. I used the LED port to extand some LED's into the cockpit. When the auxiliary battery is in use, this LED's light up. In flight I will not see them, but when the P51D lands and gets to the pits, I will be able to tell if it switch to the Aux Battery. Time to charge the batteries to full once more.
Attached some phots of the cockpit already finished. Only the Canopy need to be instaled.
Next step to work on the tail gear doors. I shy away from this since the spece available is tif=ght. With patience I hope to get the task done. Will let you know how it went.

Attached Thumbnails