Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Speed plane

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 06:28 PM
markwesti

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speed plane

My speed plane is getting closer to done . The plane was constructed from plans that I got from the bay , It's called The all American . Trying to get my post count up so I can do pictures .
Old 07-25-2024, 06:56 PM
markwesti

Thanks for the tutorial J330 . I'm building this to class "B" Vintage speed , North American Speed Society (NASS) . The engine is a McCoy 29 Red Head , modified with a Dub Jett RNV and removed spray bar . It won't be a real hot motor , but it is fun doing the mods . fuel tank was made from rectangle Alum . tubing , fittings were made on my little "hobby" lathe . It is set up for mono line control , I still have to figure out the control "handle" . By NASS rules they want you to use a handle that was used in the 50's . Paint is Rust-oleum and will be 2K clear coated . Thanks for looking , Mark .

Last edited by markwesti; 07-26-2024 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-25-2024, 07:22 PM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by markwesti
I got the pictures onto my photo album , I haven't figured out how to get them here . Sorry .
Photo album? On RCU?
Using what device?

Click on "Manage Attachments" and you'll see 3 ways to get your photos imbedded into your post on RCU. URL, Device, or what you've stored on your album on RCU, a photo you've previous used.
Once you select the photo you want by clicking on it, top right corner is upload, press that next, so it appears in your RCU Album, and click Upload again so you now should see it in your post you are submitting to this thread. You can repeat these steps again for as many photos as you wish to ad to your post.

The following users liked this post:
markwesti (07-26-2024)
Old 08-06-2024, 04:20 PM
ocrcdude
My Feedback: (179)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picture

J330 clicked on the attachments and didn't get any kind of respond. Either here or on the thread. Not as easy as it use to be I have sold abut 175 items over the years. Do I have to have so many posts before RCU let's me post a for sale ad?
Thanks,
Old 08-09-2024, 04:43 PM
markwesti

Shaved down engine . I turned down the diameter of the barrel and the head and filed off the exhaust port . Right now I'm working on the "dolly" .

Last edited by markwesti; 08-09-2024 at 04:52 PM.