Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

An awesome gift

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

An awesome gift

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2024, 10:12 AM
gonzalobures

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default An awesome gift

A good friend, Jose Bigio gave me an awesome gift. My friend is aging gracefully but his eyes are giving him some trouble following fast airplanes. Jose gave me his Viper jet including a 5 hour almost new Jet Central SuperBee 80..
My friend had bought the jet a couple of years ago and I helped him set the model and give it its maiden. Also was preparing him to get the AMA Turbine waiver. I guess the speed of the model spooked my friend and he stopped flying it.

I have three turbine models; ME 163B Komet, Heinkel 162 Salamander and a HSD Goosehawk. I loved my HSD Goosehawk and flew it for many years. Recently had a flame out and was not able to reach the field and the model had a hard landing in which it broke off the nose. The model was made of foam and the nose got distorted and could not be repaired.
My friend seen my loss, gave me his also foam Viper jet with everything excepet the receiver.
What a lucky and fortunate guy I am.
Attached are some photos of the Viper.