Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

BEST, MOST DURABLE Off - Road Truck - Buggy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

BEST, MOST DURABLE Off - Road Truck - Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 01:06 PM
RCBOZO
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST, MOST DURABLE Off - Road Truck - Buggy?

I have only had "Department Store" RC Cars in the past. I do not want to race. I do not want to have to fix the thing every other week. Neither Electric or Gas intimidates me I FLY RC with both. I can see were electric can be a little less expensive. I have read that RTR generally has inferior parts verses a kit? I really do not want to Hop up or fix anything! Does Maytag make any RC Cars? Is there a transmiter that comes with any RTR that is worth anything?
Old 09-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Turn&Burn

Default RE: BEST, MOST DURABLE Off - Road Truck - Buggy?

IMO....I would go with the savage.....I know this is an endless topic but I can say I don't own a savage but I know plenty of people that do.....For instance I have an electric friend that wanted to go to nitro and I mentioned the savage, He bought one and brought it to my house so I could educate him on nitro RC's and he is having a ball...The radio is a futaba and the .21 is ??? (maybe someone else can tell us) but It run's and run's and run's, no overheating, no stalling or anything it just run's.....+ the only thing that needed to be adjusted was it needed more brake dialed in and that was it....He has had this truck for about a month now and I have not received a phone call from him saying that he is having probs. with it......[8D]
Old 10-01-2003, 08:06 PM
Maximum st guy

Default RE: BEST, MOST DURABLE Off - Road Truck - Buggy?

Hi, I have a duratrax maximum st and it is perfect it goes pretty good speed wise. It wasn't fast for me so i put $60 into it and now it goes pretty fast. Price wise it can be cheaper than electrics. Liability wise i ride with my friend that has a traxxas t-maxx and he is always breaking his parts and we pretty much do the same stuff and pretty close to going the same speed now with my hop-ups. The only thing i wish i had was a four wheel drive. But hey for the price i payed i cant go wrong.