Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Glassing techniques

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Glassing techniques

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 08:21 PM
rcflyerjoe
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glassing techniques

I am in the process of building a Ziroli B-25 and a Don Smith B-17. All of my building experience is covering with Monokote. I have never covered with fiberglass. I would like to hear as many opinions as possible of the techniques of glassing using epoxy verses using polyurethane. I have read only one article using epoxy and one article using polyurethane. I am still not sure which way to go. So I would greatly appreciate any comments.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:04 PM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Glassing techniques

Well if ya havent read my article yet its on my website at http://home.mchsi.com/~jahuntley/help/help.html#Tip 2 it covers glassing with poly U but I also have the pros and cons of using all types of glassing stuff

Joe
Old 10-01-2003, 06:49 PM
rcflyerjoe
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments. I have read your article and found it to be very informative. It seems that all methods have their good and bad points and depends on which one you want to put up with. Is any method any stronger than the other?
Thanks again for your help. Joe
Old 10-01-2003, 06:53 PM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I found them all to be equal. remember glassing is mainly for finish looks it doesnt add a lot of strength but it does add some strenght. the bottom line is whatever tripsd your trigger.

Joe