Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Will AM receiver work with hitech digital servos?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Will AM receiver work with hitech digital servos?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 05:56 PM
technician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will AM receiver work with hitech digital servos?

Hello

i own a Futaba 122JE (AM40mhz) receiver ,,and i wanna know if i can use hitechs digital servos to it ?

i wanna use analog handle with a digital servo
Old 10-08-2003, 12:58 PM
dg2b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will AM receiver work with hitech digital servos?

Digital servos on AM system should be okay. My son is running a multiplex digi mcv2 on his airtronics blazer.

It should be okay. Why? Because the signal sent between the rx and servos are basically the same. The digital servo will take whatever data input and serve the request. Just make sure that the servo wire is the order that your rx is setup for.

We can maybe discuss different signals for different systems (i.e. pcm, ppm, am) but is not relevance in your question.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Will AM receiver work with hitech digital servos?

Tech,

Did you check your manual? My manual only goes into the "language" sent between the transmitter and the receiver, not the servos. The only thing I found so far in my Futaba 3PK manual is that when the 3PK is in HRS (High Response System) mode, that 6.0V battery packs and all digital servos must be used. Then again, the 3PK does not support AM, only HRS (accelerated FM), PCM (encoded FM), and PPM (FM).

dg2b,

BTW, I have the book the "Art of War" by Sun Tzu, translated, with a historical introduction by Ralph D. Sawyer. The introduction and endnotes consist of more pages than the actual text itself.