Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Topflite Giant P51

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Topflite Giant P51

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 04:56 PM
gwk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Topflite Giant P51

I glued the sheeting to the bottom of the wing and weighted the wing tips and mid-section down to hold the washout. After two days of glue drying I removed the weights and both wing tips did not stay flat on the building table. Is this a problem that needs fixing or can it be trimmed out with the controls? If it needs fixing any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg
Old 10-07-2003, 09:28 AM
Bill DCat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Topflite Giant P51

I'm building the 1/7 scale TF P-51D and had the same problem with sheeting the wings. After sheeting the bottom, the left wing was about 1/8" off the table. I tried wetting with amonia water and weighting the wing down a few times but that didn't seem to help much. While sheeting the top of the wing I made a mental note to deflect the wing tip about the same 1/8" while the CA dried. I found that after sheeting the top, the wing is rock solid and I got lucky and it came out true, with the proper washout.

I should note that I am a novice builder, and their may be better ways to take care of this problem.

Good Luck...