Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Easy way to cut many tailwheels

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Easy way to cut many tailwheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Jimbo88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy way to cut many tailwheels

Here is an easy way to cut many (wooden) tail wheels (bare with me as i have no pics[])

Get a piece of dowel or whatever you wish to make your wheels out of.

Mark the thickness of the wheel onto the dowel and keep marking it untill you reach the end.

Cut the dowel into halfs (maybe even quarters).

Drill a hole a fraction smaller then your axle.

Shove the axle through that hole (force it if you have to also making sure there is about 1-3cm of excess axle hanging out of the dowel)

Put the excess axle into a drill

Get a Band saw (or similar) and the drill (with the dowel in it) and make the dowel just touch the saw, then press the drill button and away it goes!! It cuts through the dowel evenly and quickly, BUT make sure you dont cut through the axle!!! Once you have done 1 wheel you can move to the next and so on and so forth
Old 10-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Balsa Master

Default RE: Easy way to cut many tailwheels

i think i get what your saying but its a little confusing not having pics (and i probalby only get it as a result of making my own wheels for sig rascal).
Old 10-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Jimbo88

Default RE: Easy way to cut many tailwheels

Yes i know im terribly sorry, but my mum has the digital camera and she wont let me use it at the moment (im only 14 years old by the way) i will try to draw some up and post them here.