Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Engine troubles, need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 01:23 PM
mflynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine troubles, need help

I am having some trouble with my XXX NT, it is my first RC car, and as such I don't know a lot of the finer detail to making it run better. I broke in the engine according to the manufacturers guidlines, and then took it slow for the next few tanks of gas based on advice I recieved in this forum. I finally got to the point where I was comfortable leaning out the carborator, and after adjusting it little by little I got to the point where it was flying. It worked like this for a few days, but now, everytime I ipoen it up it stalls out on me, I have tried richening up the two carb adjustments, but it hasen't worked. Does anyone have any advice on what to try next, any ideas would be appreciated, I am getting pretty frustrated. About the third to the last tank of gas I ran through it, without having this problem, I drove through a puddle that was deeper than I anticipated, and it got pretty wet, could this be part of the problem?
Old 04-30-2002, 12:20 AM
nagga

maybe try taking the motor apart and cleaning it would BrakLeen, then spray it with WD-40, then reassemble it, that might help not sure though, but if u ran through water it might just do the trick
Old 04-30-2002, 02:01 AM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GLOW PLUG!!!!!

I can say 99.9% positively that you need a new glow plug. Often after break-in the glow plug will go because of the rich running you have done with it. DO NOT take it apart. You may just mess up a good thing.
Old 05-02-2002, 04:52 AM
KevinBourland
My Feedback: (9)

Glow plug is a great place to start! I have two XXXNT's. One, I have a Picco .12 which came with it, and the other a HPI/Nova Rossi .12. Both engines run great, but that little rubber thing (stinger)coming out of the tuned pipe sometimes slides into the pipe blocking the fuel tubing which provide's the pressure to your tank! or the fuel tubing could be pushed too far in, and butting into the stinger. This problem could be yours as well. Yes, sometimes it is frustrating, but I only dis-assemble motor if all fails! Another suggestion, do you have two needle's? maybe a little richer on your low end will help you get to the top end! Good luck Let us know!
Kevin
Old 05-02-2002, 01:36 PM
mflynn

I finally took it to my local hobby shop last night and the guy there had it up and running at top speed in about 10 minutes. I had about every needle screwed the wrong way, too far in or out. I have to say that the directions that come with these cars SUCK, if you are new to the hobby you can expect a lot of frustration. Why someone hasen't come up with a how to manual is beyond me, maybe once I learn more I'll do it. I understand that all cars run a little different and depending on your altitude, temperature and a whole host of other things, each set up will be different, but a little explanation would be nice. For example, call me a moron, but I had no idea what the hi speed and lo speed adjustment needles did, it is obvious now, after it was explained to me like I was a five year old, but it is mentioned no where in any manual that came with the truck - neither is an explanation of how the truck should run once you get everything set properly. I think that these forums have the potential to be very helpful, but it seems to me that the people that have the knowledge are not very interested in imparting it to those who don't.