Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

aileron covering??

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

aileron covering??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 06:06 AM
flyfree69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aileron covering??

im recovering a wing with the ailerons attached, do i cover the wing and aileron in one piece or do i cover the aileron first then the wing? is there any tricks for doing this? i tried doing it in one piece and cutting down the gap, it came out bad so i tore it off to start over . thanks for any help Larry
Old 10-16-2003, 04:21 PM
aeroman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: aileron covering??

Try to cover it in one piece, but instead of cutting the covering at the aileron gap just cut along the aileron tips, bend the aileron down pull the covering and then apply your iron or heat gun over the aileron , then you iron the aileron gap, and repeat the other side.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:59 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: aileron covering??

I usually cover the aileron seperately first, but extend the covering down into the gap (surface deflected down) and up onto the wing 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Then continue with a separate piece to finish the wing overlapping the previous covering. This is how I seal all the gaps between the flying surfaces and moving surfaces.