Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Balsa Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!!!

I'm VERY new to this and I need some help finding a car. I want nitro. I was looking at the OFNA 9.5 MBX RTR. Please tell me good/bad and why. Lol please dont use big words cuz as i said im new to this, Ive been doing planes for years but i just got into cars. If u want to see the car site is: http://www.nitrohouse.com/ofna_9_5_mbx.htm
Old 10-16-2003, 07:44 PM
adsky7

Default RE: NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!!!

hey.. i think i might be able to help you.... im also in the process of getting my new nitro rc car. here's what you have to think about...on-road or off-road, rtr or kit, and of course your budget. I personally, think that unless you plan to strictly race at a local LHS (local hobby shop) or track, you should basically get an off-road. i see that you are looking at the ofna buggy. good choice, except if you plan to do grass, or off-road courses, you might want to take a look at a monster truck, or a 4wd stadium truck...
tell me what you think...

Adsky7
Old 10-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Balsa Master

ya i plan to do a lot of off road. Id prefer a buggy though. lol is that a horrible choice or just not ure prefernece. And I believe the buggy i mentioned has 4wd. Thx 4 the help. oh ya my budget is 500 bucks. Thanx
Old 10-16-2003, 08:05 PM
adsky7

hey.. no problem at all, i love helping ppl, cuz i know when i needed help .. i got soo many responses. anyway, in my opinion if you plan to do alot of off-roading AND your budget is around roughly $500 , well, if i were you, I would grab the traxxas t-maxx or the hpi savage 21 monster truck in 2 SECONDS. The reason being, the ofna buggy you chose is great, but it is not really for serious off-roading. it is mostly supposed to be used for dirt racing and some jumps.. The t-maxx or savage can go anywhere, and do anything.

it's up to you though?? that's just my advice... so..??

Adsky7
Old 10-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Balsa Master

ok thx ill look into that. I thought the buggy was a good choice, but the more i think about the more i think ure right, thx alot bro.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:34 PM
miserynitro
My Feedback: (8)

well it also depends if you plan on doing alot of racing... o rjust going out and having fun.... if you plan on racing a lot.. GET A BUGGY!!!!! nothing is better than the 1/8 scale race!!! IT has the speed, and they can take ther big air just like any monster truck.... Now if you are going out to have some fun.. then i would say get a monster truck... because less stuff breaks when going for Big jumps.... plus with the suspension travel, they are able to pretty much drive on anything... but buggies can handle alot of the off roading... but when the ground is really rough... it is really hard on them... and very easy for MT (Monster trucks).

Hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:34 PM
injectedsmile16

Actually that buggy will take more beating than a t-maxx anyday. If you want that then go with it, it does have 4wd and it is a very nice buggy. Also if your looking into an MT go with the Savage .25 RTR. The buggy or the .25 RTR will be your best choices.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:38 PM
injectedsmile16

Yes the buggy will be best for racing. That is true but it will like I said take as much of if not more of a beating than a lot of MT's. The really bumpy stuff wont be as fun with the buggy but the buggys are a lot of fun. MT's are too I own a savage but I drive my friends buggy and man I wish I had the extra 500 to get one. The buggy will jump just about anything and when you race they are easier to control on the ground and in the air. Maybe go down to your LHS and check some out.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:55 PM
miserynitro
My Feedback: (8)

well i own both a MBX4 RR totally suped with almost everything... including thorsen diffs, and i also have a savage.... and i LOVE BOTH of them....
Old 10-16-2003, 09:04 PM
Balsa Master

lol WOW I have a lot of mixed oppinions. Although i feel more encouragement on the buggy side. Thats prolly what ill stick with. Thanx alot guys. Anything else i should no plx post. Thanx
Old 10-16-2003, 11:22 PM
injectedsmile16

go with what you feel most comfortable with and what seems more into what you will be doing with it. The buggy or the .25 will be best for you.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Balsa Master

ok thanx guys. I dont no if .25 is like a type of car or somethin but if ure talkin bout engines the OFNA 9.5 mbx rtr comes with a .25. Any more sugestions plz post, thaNX
Old 10-17-2003, 04:56 PM
adsky7

in my opinion, a buggy is NOT the way to go, if you want to play and bash.
monster trucks can go anywhere and do anything!!! if you are a beginner like i was, you are gonna want an mt.
Think about it....

Adsky7
Old 10-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Balsa Master

ok if u feel that strongly ill check it out, thanx, plz post more suggestions if u got em. thanx
Old 10-17-2003, 10:53 PM
ericjeen

if you want to save money and have a very good racing!, bashing! and playing rc car go with the nitro x-cellerator made by xtm it is only 249.99 @ hobbypeople.net and it goes OVER 50 MPH!!!! thats awsome. it is very durable it is fast and it has a very reliable radio with x-cellent control all you need is a glow ignitor
save some money for gas and other stuff but if your just starting out this is the way to go
Old 10-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Balsa Master

have u had expierence with this car, it sounds really cool. the ofna .25 can only hit 44.5 MPH so what the he//s this thing got under the hood. Ill check it out. Thanx anyone else that's not put in their 2 cens plz do if u can. I need all the help i can get. Thanx
Old 10-19-2003, 12:12 PM
nitrofreak74

go to www.nitroreview.com and read what others had to say.
i think it is an awesome buggy tho.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:39 PM
Balsa Master

ya i checked it out and their were some nive comments. Thanx bro, ne1 else got suggestions plz post. thanx