Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hurricane fans?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hurricane fans?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 02:56 PM
VApr
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane fans?

I am working on a Byron F-16 and have the O.S. 77 engine with the Byrojet fan and saw Hurricane fans webpage. Is there any truth and /or advantage to using these fans? Or is it throwing more money at the same as what I already have?
Old 10-19-2003, 03:23 PM
Jackjet

Default RE: Hurricane fans?

They REALLY do work - Steve Corney used to make them - they do work good.

Jackjet
Old 10-19-2003, 08:48 PM
Terry Holston

The Byron F-16 works just fine with the stock Byron fan with the OS 77. The best upgrade you could make is an OS .91. Then you might take advantage of the Hurricane fan blade. It was developed to be used with the 91 not the 77.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:11 PM
VApr

Thanks for the help. I will be upgrading to a .91 as soon as I get some time on the .77 then I'll go for a Hurricane fan. I figutre it would be a shame to have bought the engine with the plane and never use it. Ill problably end up putting the .77 on a prop turning speed demon racer.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you go to a .91 you will need to change out the Byron pipe to a #5 version. (If you already don't have one) This pipe is larger than a .77 pipe. If you try to use the smaller pipe for the .91 your engine will not run properly, overheat, possibly ruining the engine. Get the right pipe from Top Gun Aircraft....They can probably also help you with the purchase of the OS .91.

Kevin
Old 10-21-2003, 07:50 PM
sparkplug

I run a byro enforcer with an OS91vrdf and a hurricane and all I have to say is that it does work better then byron. I ran the normal byron and on the ground the byron seemed to pull harder but in flight the hurricane is much better. Better vertical and speed.

Enjoy!