Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

super tigre g-60 and enya 15-III

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 09:12 PM
jimsails

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super tigre g-60 and enya 15-III

I jst purchased at an auction two engines. a glow enya 15 - III 3303 that turns freely but the prop thrust washer is worn and when tightened down interferes w/ front of engine. when reversed the engine spins easily. The engine is complete including carb and exhuast restrictor plate.

The second engine is an old super tigre g-60 with carb and muffler. it spins well and has compression. I am just getting into the sport and thought the used engines would be a cheap entry. I have not started them yet. How can I check them out and ow whould I try to start them. The two together cost me less than $35. are these so obsolete that they were really worthless. or did I make a good buy?
Old 10-19-2003, 10:25 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: super tigre g-60 and enya 15-III

Jim:

If you fly in the middle of nowhere you probably are OK with both, but if you are in a community field the Enya is probably useless, the butterfly throttled engines are way too loud.

You didn't say what size the ST is - a 40 or so would be a good engine to start with. Starting and running are just like any other 2c glow engine, but I would definitely make sure to use fuel with some castor oil in it.

I admire anyone as cheap as I am, but I'm afraid the money saved on the engine is just the smallest part of the cost, there's a lot of other things you still need.

But anyway, figure out what size your engine is, then get a kit or bARF to suit, have fun.

Bill.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:53 PM
jimsails

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#1 Super Tiger G 60 made in Italy Not a "Blue head" whatever that means.
carb with needle valve (as part of carb no hole in front of carb boby. with matching muffler. odd thing is that the front of muffler has 10 holes??

should I tear down? if so where can I get instructions? what fuel etc.

#1 enya .15-III
made in japan
Can I fit a muffler to the 15?
Old 10-19-2003, 11:03 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Jim:

Can you post pictures and dimensions of the ST?

Muffler for the Enya? Probably a strap on somewhere, check Tower ans others.

Bill.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Red Baron Mike
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim,

The Super Tigre g-60 might be a collectors item. Check with the Model Engine Collectors Asssociation (MECA) on the web. The Enya .15III is a great litle engine. Remove the rotating baffle plate over the exhaust...it pivots on one screw. Also remove the linkage wire to the throttle arm of the carb. Go and buy an aftermarket strap on muffler.

Enya parts are still available for the .15 at MRC/Altech Marketing, Edison, NJ.

Regards,