Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Big PZL Wilga Plans

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 03:14 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big PZL Wilga Plans

Anyone know where a guy can get plans for a big (84" to 100") PZL Wilga. I know it's ugly. But Cute. And the landing gear has to be a hoot to build. Purpose is for fun flying and large sailplane tug. Would rather build than an ARF besides I need to use up some of the balsa and ply stock I've been building up over the years at sale prices - but don't tell my bride.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:27 AM
Kiwicuz

Default RE: Big PZL Wilga Plans

you could check out what Mike Briggs is building

He has the made the moulds & has fitted a DA50 in it.

[link]http://www.pbgcomposites.com/planes/wilga/wilga.htm[/link]
Old 10-31-2003, 01:24 PM
[email protected]

Thanks, From the photos, that is one beautiful molding job. Is Mike also in New Zealand? FYI, I did check out the icarerc site in Canada but they now want about $900.00 US for their kit. I don't dare do that without the brides permission if I want to live - not even going to ask. Randy

PS Anyone who says they wear the pants in the family will lie about other things also.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:31 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Also, Look for Frisch Modellbau (from Germany) on the 'net ... they make a fiberglass/foam Wilga in 1/4 and 1/3 scale .. I used to own one of the 1/4 scales .. in fact its new owner was in the most recent HighFlight with it .. and it is a beautiful kit. Sailplanes unlimited was the US distrib, not sure if they still are...

Dave
Old 11-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Anyone know where a guy can get plans for a big (84" to 100") PZL Wilga. I know it's ugly. But Cute. And the landing gear has to be a hoot to build. Purpose is for fun flying and large sailplane tug. Would rather build than an ARF besides I need to use up some of the balsa and ply stock I've been building up over the years at sale prices - but don't tell my bride.
Have a look at thisone
Old 11-02-2003, 12:41 PM
[email protected]

Roger,
Absolutely amazing and the craftsmanship is truly remarkable. The "tuck under" on the aft end of the ribs indicate scale working flaps. True? The radial engine caught my eye but made my wallet run screaming for the darkest corner of the closet. Would that my shop was as neat. Is this yours? Still looking for plans but this one seems that it might be a slight bit too large. I know that there are great kits out there but for the cost of the kits I can mess up a bunch of balsa, ply and fiberglass. However, there must be plans out there and don't really want to re-invent the wheel. Might try for a three view and autocad.
Thanks,
Randy
Old 11-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Roger,
Absolutely amazing and the craftsmanship is truly remarkable. The "tuck under" on the aft end of the ribs indicate scale working flaps. True? The radial engine caught my eye but made my wallet run screaming for the darkest corner of the closet. Would that my shop was as neat. Is this yours? Still looking for plans but this one seems that it might be a slight bit too large. I know that there are great kits out there but for the cost of the kits I can mess up a bunch of balsa, ply and fiberglass. However, there must be plans out there and don't really want to re-invent the wheel. Might try for a three view and autocad.
Thanks,
Randy
Randy,
This not my project nor my shop. It belongs to my good friend Henrik Rossel in Denmark
Check here for more on his shop and Wilga.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:59 AM
flyingnorwegian

Glen.I am in fact the current owner of the actual PZL-104 Wilga project you presented in your link.I have tried to get in contact with Henning Rossel in Denmark but i have had no luck getting hold of his phone number or e-mail adress.I have heard that he has given up rc-planes for motorcycles.
I want to ask him some questions as i am planning to finish this project.This Wlga is built in scale 1/2,5 and it is really huge.The woodwork is allmost finished,but I will have to build the rudder,ailerons and flaps as they have gone missing over the years as several owners has dragged it in and out of their houses before I got hold of it
If you still have contact with Henning Rossel I would like to have his E-mail adress if you could.Or maybe you could contact him for me and present the matter? That way he can choose if he want to talk to me or not.
Regards
Tore Frammarsvik
Norway